Super Contributor

Alegria Lovers -- A Question

I know people who wear Alegria shoes tend to absolutely love them, but I haven't been successful locating anywhere to see them locally for myself. On the website, I am attracted to the Taylor model, which is a really nice-looking loafer. Not available on Q at this point, apparently.

My question is this: in photos for the Taylor and many Alegria shoes, it looks as if the front of the shoe is curved and lifted up off the floor at an angle. I'm looking at my other shoes, and the entire sole of the shoe rests on the floor. I can't quite imagine what it might feel like to have one's toes up in the air like that when standing still. It can't just be the photos, since so many show this. Can any of you Alegria devotees help me understand?

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: Alegria Lovers -- A Question

I have a pair of Alegria Classic clogs so am not familiar with the loafers you are asking about. The pictures do look as though the front of the shoe goes way up on all styles, but they really don't. If you go to Zappos.com and watch some of the videos you will see that even though the bottom of the shoe goes up the actual shoe itself doesn't. I realize that doesn't make sense! But your toes aren't up in the air at all. They are very comfortable shoes. Zappos offers free shipping and returns so that might be a nice way of trying them out if you can't find them locally.

Honored Contributor

I also have the Alegria Classic Clog. Just bought them. They are very comfortable. I love that you can replace the foot-bed when you need to. Now I need a pair of sandals & other styles. If you have a Dillard's, Belk's or Nordstrom's they carry this brand. If you have any shops that carry medical uniforms they may carry them.

Valued Contributor

Hi,Amazon has a good selection and less pricey than Zappos. They also offer free returns on a lot of styles so you could try without fear of return shipping costs. I have two pairs of boots,two sandals and two clogs.They are all very comfortable out of the box. I don't notice any problems with the front of the shoe. My only complaint is the sandals have developed a bit of a squeak when I walk. Not a big deal in public but I ain't sneaking up on anyone! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

HTH

Honored Contributor

I have a pair of clogs that made embarrassing noises when I took a step. I called their CS number from their website and they sent me a free replacement pair of inter soles that fixed the problem.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I just ordered the Carina sandal. They should be here tomorrow or Mon. I can still wear them for a bit before it gets cold & can wear them in Fl at Christmas. No it does not feel like your toes are pointed up in the air.

Honored Contributor

On 10/3/2014 pembroke said:

Hi,Amazon has a good selection and less pricey than Zappos. They also offer free returns on a lot of styles so you could try without fear of return shipping costs. I have two pairs of boots,two sandals and two clogs.They are all very comfortable out of the box. I don't notice any problems with the front of the shoe. My only complaint is the sandals have developed a bit of a squeak when I walk. Not a big deal in public but I ain't sneaking up on anyone! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

HTH

Yep; it's great. 8)

Plus: AlegriaShoes.com, AlegriaShoeShop.com, OnlineShoes.com, Ebay.com, and Zappos.com (which was mentioned).

Respected Contributor

Kay SD, I recently saw this brand at Belk, is there one near you so you can check out the comfort?...I live in SC...
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

They feature them on Zulily periodically at about $40., per pair. I've gotten most of mine there.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment