Contributor

Jane wearing socks now when trying on shoes

Some one called me old fashioned when I said I thought the hosts shouldn't try on shoes bare booted.I just heard Jane say here these go back in inventory.Imagine that,I'm happy to be old fashioned. Glad to see her with socks on hope they continue it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jane wearing socks now when trying on shoes

If the shoes go back in inventory, she'd better wear socks or stockings. I'm surprised she didn't before.

Trusted Contributor

I'll admit, if I received a pair that had been tried on by a host or vendor - I surely hope they had been wearing socks. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

I can't imagine the inventory is "THE INVENTORY" for shipping to customers. I would think it was more of the sample sizes to show on air. I hope anyway.

I am from So.Cal. where a number of us do not wear socks. However, when shoe shopping I never saw anyone try shoes on without the disposable liner. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

She was showing winter shoes not sandal's therefore she would need socks.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

When she said that she was wearing sandals.

Respected Contributor

On 9/19/2014 champagnepoodle said:

When she said that she was wearing sandals.

If you're talking about last nights show, she was not wearing sandals when she said that, she was wearing the brown Clarks TSV boot. She said she better take them off before they think she stole them or something b/c she already ordered a pair of brown ones. she took them off and the "back in inventory" line.

Super Contributor

I am not surprised at the bare feet, QVC is so seriously lacking in the fine as well as the larger points of professionalism; not to speak of health safety for those who are purchasing pre-tried on shoes. My local Nordstrom, insists on customer wearing the provided "nylon sock" while trying on footwear. Regarding QVC standards, nothing should amaze us.
Honored Contributor

Nordstrom does not require you to wear socks when trying on shoes. I've never heard of that policy.

Super Contributor

Jane was wearing socks with boots which is appropriate and no socks with sandals which is appropriate. Believe me when you buy sandals at the B/M stores no one is wearing socks to try them on.