Valued Contributor

I like a casual/dressy shoe to have a heel or at least a wedge. Even with jeans a heel is flattering plus you don't need to hem your pants. I find totally flat shoes uncomfortable and does nothing for your legs. A low heel, or wedge heel is comfortable and more attractive.

Sorry for the rant.

Honored Contributor

Re: I don't like FLAT SHOES!

But not everyone has feet like yours. Many women are more comfortable in flats. Many even like flats.

Isn't it nice we can all get what we like instead of all of us dressing the same?

Valued Contributor

Agree. I'm probably the only one too that doesn't like a ballet flat either.

Honored Contributor

I like various heel heights, depending on the day's activities ........ But I must admit, flat shoes are often the most comfortable if I'm going to be covering a lot of territory. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor

I have a very high instep and arch. I can't wear super flat shoes.

Since we all have different issues, variety is good! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

I have trouble finding pants long enough for me, so I often wear flats.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Flats are supposed to be made well and in this case they do not hurt your feet and your body in general. Biologically humans were not designed to walk on heels, wedges, platforms etc. We pay the price for that later in life. Otherwise to each it's own.
Super Contributor

I like shoes with heels too. A few back surgeries later and nerve damage in my leg means no go on even 1" heels. My eyes never go straight to flats (I have big feet too and a bunion), but I've even tried wearing in style shoes with heels that I really like if I'm going to be sitting and even then, it's not stable enough for me to walk in and out of places like that. I injured my back fresh out of high school, so that blew it for cute shoes, though I've suffered through weddings in short heels. I guess if nothing else, I haven't had to have bunion surgery as most the shoes I wear don't flare it up too badly. I hope to stock up on some decent flats while they're in style instead of sticking with tennis shoes! Enjoy some cute heels for me!

Super Contributor

Love Tory Burch ballet flats!

Frequent Contributor

I wish I wore heels... I feel the same. They do look better. Then I try to wear them, and always revert to flats. Hopeless -- and now past trying. Smiley Happy