Frequent Contributor

I just got a job where I am standing on concrete for 4-8 hour shifts and I am looking for which inserts to put in my sneakers. I am having horrible hip pain and when I get home and slip on my Orthaheel Tides, my pain subsides. I have read reviews and they are sometimes mixed, so it is hard to judge from them. Thanks in advance for any help!

Honored Contributor
I found them less beneficial than wearing the shoes. I recommend Birkenstock blue slip in insoles.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Regular Contributor

I ordered the Orthaheel athletic inserts to use in some of my shoes and was less than thrilled with the results. The insoles seemed a bit more narrow than shoes and made my feet sore. Let me see if I can explain clearly....because they were narrow, the back half of my foot sort of sat on TOP of the edge of the insole instead of down in the heel cup of the insole. After a full day that part of my feet was pretty sore. I haven't used them since.

Occasional Contributor

I, too, stand for several hours a day at my job. I love my orthaheel inserts! I wear them with my skecher work shoes and feel so much better. I also wear them in as many of my other shoes as possible. I do have a high arch so the support is terrific for me. I hope this helps.

Contributor

Pinnacle Powerstep insoles, the full length version. Paired with Klogs Naples shoes and I can walk all day. The insoles are pricey about 30$, but worth every penny IMO.

Piper

Valued Contributor

I work nights & stand on my feet most all of that time. I wear the Orthaheel sandals everywhere else but work & wanted the insoles for my work shoes. I wear New Balance mostly to work. Anyway I got the 3/4 insoles A-214276 & can wear them in most shoes. They took some getting use to but I have found my feet don't hurt, my bad knee or my back since I put these in my tennis shoes. I can really tell a difference! So I went back & bought the full athletic ones A-226101 to put in my New Balance shoes I just bought a couple of weeks ago. I pulled out the insole that was in them, & it was a thin little thing, put the full athletic insole in & wow I love them! My new shoes are so comfortable! That is just my experience, but I tore my medial mensicus back in Nov. & was afraid I might have to have surgery. My sister is a nurse & she talked me into getting my first pair of Orthaheels. I am really glad she did because my knee feels so much better. And so far no surgery! YAY

Honored Contributor
Go to Zappo's and try a pair of Alegria or Klogs. I find them both to be much more comfortable than Orthoheels and they're much better made. I can't imagine wearing them out in a lifetime. They are favored by nurses and people who walk all day. Klogs run large...I order down a size.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor
On 8/15/2014 Piper 54 said:

Pinnacle Powerstep insoles, the full length version. Paired with Klogs Naples shoes and I can walk all day. The insoles are pricey about 30$, but worth every penny IMO.

Piper

I agree, Piper! DH and I both wear them and they're the best. You can order them from Amazon.
Honored Contributor

After buying the Orthaheel recent TSV tennis shoes I've finally realized that I cannot wear that brand of shoe.

The problem is that I only pronate in on ONE foot. When I wear their shoes it throws off one of my knees and kills my back even worse than it already is.

I have tried and finally know I cannot wear these shoes.

Contributor
I work retail and I'm standing and running on hard floor. Have to wear nice shoes...jealous you all can wear athletic styles. I wore ortho heel sandals most of summer. Will be buying Dansko and Alegria for fall. I too have awful hip pain. Most days I barely sit for a few minutes and am up for 9 plus hours a day.