Contributor

Is the Vionic line of Orthoheel a lesser quality than regular Orthoheel? The first and only pair of Vionic I ordered I sent back as they seemed to be cut shorter and narrower than my regular Orthoheels? If not, what is the difference? Why the distinction of Vionic?

Honored Contributor
As has been explained by others, the company simply decided that Orthaheel was a rather clunky name that wasn't promoting to the public they're hoping to attract - the younger and more fashion-conscious (LOL). They changed the company name to Vionic because they feel it sounds better ;-) As far as I have ever experienced myself, I feel that the shoes in their line that were formerly identified as (Dr. Andrew) 'Weil shoes' were better constructed with better materials. For the most part they were made in Spain and/or Germany. The sizing/fit issues that many people (including me) have with Orthaheel-Vionic isn't new or related to the name change IMO. From one style to another, they fit differently as far as width and size, even though they are all theoretically the same size. I experienced this a year ago, well before any name change. For me, I have had the best luck with their closed shoes. I have given up on the thongs and mules. Their shoes have been inconsistent as far as fit, materials and workmanship since Day One, IMO. I still buy an occasional pair on sale, but am working on switching to other brands for consistency in fit and quality
Life without Mexican food is no life at all