Occasional Contributor
Does anyone know if Dr. Weil and Orthaheel have gone their separate ways? You used to be able to see his designs on their web site listed separately. Dr. Weil as of yesterday was no longer on their web site. They were more expensive because of the leather and what appears to be a nicer footbed. I did a google search and couldn't find any info.
Super Contributor

Just checked his website, and the usual ad wasn't there. He launched his line back in 2010; maybe he no longer recommends them.

Trusted Contributor
They were in Dillard's today and were called Vionic. Some models were called Dr. Weil with orthoheal technology. Others made no mention of the Dr. There were many cute styles.
Trusted Contributor

Dr. Weil's shoes run small, most sites recommend you size up 1/2 size for them to fit. I wear a 5, he doesn't make a 5 1/2 so I probably won't get to try his shoes and I found a really cute blue and white pair I really like but think a 6 would be too big. Anyone tried his shoes and can give me an idea if they run small enough you could go up an whole size?

Super Contributor

Weil Orthaheels are leather and made in Spain. Haven't found the sizing to be off at all. I wear an 8½ in most brands of open sandal; all my Orthaheels sandals are size 8, including Weil's. Have 3 pair of Weil Faith . The fit is the same as any other Orthaheels that I have.

Also have two pair of Vionic Orthaheel Pampalona, which is identical to the Weil Faith. Size 8 fits quite well. Never saw a reason to size up to 9 - if I did, there would be too much 'shoe bed' past my toes.

The only thing I go up to size 9 is Clark's, Ryka, Skechers sandals and clog type shoes. If shoe is a closed toe or walking shoe, I go to a wider width to allow for socks and possible swelling by the end of day when traveling by plane.

Super Contributor

Deadeye, Pampalona, aye? When there are 'side bars' of what to look at I never clicked there and have noticed the Pamplona name. I'll check now. I've just learned that Orthaheel is different from Vionic. Yoi help us shoppers!!

Super Contributor

Orthaheel is now Vionic with Orthaheel Technology. Dr Weil appears on the corporate website Vionic Group LLC and still endorses Vionic.