Regular Contributor

Does anyone know where to find a sneaker that is nice looking and not something you wont want to be seen in, with a wider toe box? The newer styles seem now to be so so narrow!

I used to easily buy reebok and they were great. I am not a fan of the new colors and styles of all brands of sneakers now. They dont always give the support and many many times

they are way too narrow, too short and just dont fit like the classic styles used to. Even some classic styles are made way different now, including reebok and even new balance etc.

I have alot of trouble finding anything that works for me Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

I wish I could help you. I'll be following this thread, as I am getting sick of some of the very narrow toe boxes too.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Valued Contributor
New Balance has several styles designed for a wider toe box and an average heel. That's my foot exactly: wide toe, narrow heel. Plus I wear orthotics.
Respected Contributor

I was in Belk a few days ago. I noticed some slip on shoes, similar to those sold by Skeechers GoWalks, but these were Easy Spirits. Tried on a pair. Very wide toe box. Very, very comfy shoe. I bought a pair. They are off white with a silvery grey laces design across the toe. Attractive, stylish, but not too much "stuff". I took them home, wore them for a day, and went back for another pair.

Yesterday I was back in Belk. I asked the girl who normally waits on me if they had come in any other colors. Yes - they had an identical style trimmed in orange. I don't have much to go with that. But she also had an adorable pair of blue floral in the same style. I got those and they're also comfy and really cute.

They walk much like the GoWalks, which I also love, but that toe box is much wider. I think you might find them on Belk.com. They are Easy Spirits and the style is called Riptide. I think they were $49.95, but I had coupons so not sure.

It's very hard to find a wide toe box, but these are perfect. I know you'll loves them.There were also sneaker styles on the table, but didn't check them out.

P.S. Sorry about the dark print. It's my computer and I can't find a way to change it

Super Contributor
New Balance still offers different last choices, you probably would like a SL-2. They even offer customizing a style 574 which uses that last for only $165. See this chart at http://www.newbalance.com/shoe-last-chart/shoe-last-chart,default,pg.html.
Occasional Contributor

I just came back from the New Balance outlet with a pair of WW847- a wide toe box walking sneaker- Features a narrow heel width, high instep arch, deep toe box and wide forefoot .

They felt great in the store and got good reviews from people with bunions which is my issue.

I'll update you after I've worn them for a while but I will say that my toes have plenty of space for a change.

Honored Contributor

I have two pairs of Skechers GoWalks and they have a very wide toe box.

Ryka also claims this, but I don't have any Rykas.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor

I cant wait to try some of these that you suggested! Thank you so much!!!!

Regular Contributor

They did not have the new balance as was suggested here. I guess its discontinued and I did order another style. Received them and all was good with the size and style BUT

after walking in them I notice they make me walk on the side of the foot grrrr. these things made in other countries now are not up to the standards anymore. at least it will be free return shipping!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor
The poster who mentioned Easy Spirit shoes said she bought one pair and went back the next day for another pair: I understand very well: my summer and winter shoe wardrobes are 85% Easy Spirit. You can take out the liner and wash/air dry them; you can throw the shoes ( even the leather ones ) into the wash and air dry. They are so comfortable and when they go on sale, I stock up. I've found that as I get older the feet change in weird ways. I've given away or donated so many heels and boots and didn't replace them! If they stop making ES shoes, I'm in trouble!!!
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill