Valued Contributor

Adjustable Sandals with buckles instead

of hook and loop closures, please. When you have 3 of 4 areas adjustable with hook and loop, it looks old lady-ish. I understand that people like to customize things for their own feet (I do too) but can you cut back on the amount of hook and loop on one shoe?

Super Contributor

Re: Adjustable Sandals with buckles instead

I agree and looks so old style...... Not a good look today...
Valued Contributor

I agree as well. I recently ordered two pairs of sandals, Clark and Baretraps. Both were cute and stylish but both had hook and loop closures. I don't have narrow feet but I do have small ankles and the hook and loop closures even at the smallest were too big. If buckles were used I could have punched a hole or two for adjusting purposes. Unfortunately I had to send both pairs back.
Super Contributor

I agree as well. My problem is the opposite of TootyJane. I usually have to adjust them larger and then you have part of the closure showing and it doesn't really hold well. I too would prefer either buckles or a bit of elastic.

Super Contributor

AND I REFUSE TO BUY SHOES THAT HAVE A VELCRO BACK STRAP ! NEVER SEEM TO HAVE A LONG ENOUGH PIECE OF VELCRO......NOT GOOD .

Super Contributor

Hook and loop is cheaper to manufacture.

Honored Contributor

looks ""medical""

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Buckles, please!

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

We all agree.

Velcro, I think, is a great invention, and I use it in sewing and craft projects, but I hate it on shoes.

It's easier and quicker than a buckle, but I hate the way it looks, and this stuff does wear out eventually, and I just prefer a buckle to velcro any day.

Honored Contributor

cheaper