Contributor
What will happen to these if they get wet from rain or a water ride? What about hot sweaty feet?
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Earth Origins sandal ?

They'd probably react like any other suede shoe, if you got them soaked in water - meaning they could stain, have color run, get misshaped, etc. They aren't intended as water shoes. You could always pre-treat them with a water repellent spray, as you would for suede shoes or boots, and they'd likely recover from being worn in a little rain. If you have hot, sweaty feet, they'll probably be no different from any other shoe with a sweat footbed. It might get discolored where your foot sits, but no one will ever notice since your foot will be covering it up.

Contributor

Thank you...that's what I thought but I was hoping that in one of the presentations they might have mentioned the shoe was treated some how to avoid the usual problems with suede.
Valued Contributor

There is no water here, except for today, so it never occurred to me that suede might "run?" I really don't understand. They are sandals.

Super Contributor

My concern is more with sizing. I ordered my first pair of Earth Origins a couple of months ago. My goodness! They were at least a size too big and way too wide for a medium width.

There's nothing I hate as much as having to make a trip to the post office to return something!

Esteemed Contributor

Just received them today. They're great! So comfortable. Nice looking also. Only regret is I'm sorry I didn't purchase a second pair. As for wearing them in rain, never heard of anybody wearing sandals in the rain.