Regular Contributor

Suggestions for COMFORTABLE Walking Shoes for Vacation

I will be going to Europe this Spring and would appreciate suggestions on COMFORTABLE shoes (either through QVC or the stores)..

We will be walking everyday with two walking tours included..

I have Skechers and while they are okay, they are not comfortable enough for long term walking.. I have Birkenstocks, they are sandals, backless clogs not meant for long walks..

I am looking for comfort! I have wider feet, arches and a size 7.5/8 depending on the shoes...

Would like to get them now so they are broken in by the time we leave..

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and help..

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for COMFORTABLE Walking Shoes for Vacation

I love Naturalizer brand......I have a pair of Kellyn loafers and they feel like house slippers to wear; very soft leather and amazing foot padding that really holds its shape; also the Lohan loafer in foiled leather is amazing as well...recently became a fan of this brand have bought 8 pair in the past year or so; fantastic sale going on right now on their website; they have several lace-up style shoes you may be preferring; I have such a high arch that lace-ups don't work well for me.

Esteemed Contributor

A230238

I bought these in black last fall and they are the most comfortable shoes I own. No break in required. I think you are safe w/ Privo in most any style. I have a high arch as well.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I recommend the easy Spirit brand
Trusted Contributor

I like Keen walking/casual shoes or Dansko (Pro Box Leather stapled), which are very comfortable all day, whether walking or standing.

Trusted Contributor

All good suggestions. It depends on your foot and how they fit. Your idea to try them out and break them in is really good. I find that many shoes get more comfortable as time goes by. I wore my Sketchers walking shoes for a month in Europe last Sept. And am still wearing them. I also have some of the others mention in previous posts and they are good, too, but some are not because of the shape of my foot. My mother swears by Ecco. She did not like the looks at first, but now she wears them whenever she will be walking.
New Contributor

I would recommend Fit Flops... I have had a problem with shin splints ever since I was a teen and these are the only shoes that are comfortable.... I can walk all day in them and my feet or shins never bother me......The sandals are comfy and have great arch support.... I'll be off to Italy in June and I just bough 3 new pair for the trip... Check out the Cha Cha style... So cute!!
Esteemed Contributor

A225562

Clarks In Motion Flex Leather Mary Jane Walking Shoes - A225562

The Clarks Motion Flex mary jane. They truly are comfortable, and I know I could walk and walk, but they are sooooo ugly that I have to return them.

Doesn't Clarks ever make a cute shoe?

Contributor

Brook's Addition. They come in leather or looking like a running/walking shoe. I tried the leather first, but the toe box was too large for me, I have the ones that look like a running shoe. I have RA, so my feet are very tender, and also have a very high arch. I have version 10 right now, normally I wear size 8W in Clark's, but the shoe store measured my foot, and have to have a 81/2 W in the Brook's. Give them a try, they were recommended to me by my Dr's office.

Respected Contributor

No one can wear one pair of shoes all day long and feel comfortable. You need to bring a couple and switch off.