Regular Contributor

Best Orthaheel slippers and sizing?

Hi, all!

I apologize if this is already in another thread (I'm sure it is), but my search feature isn't working right...

I'm wondering what your favorite Orthaheel slipper style is, and I am also interested in knowing if you need to size down in the slippers like you do in the sandals.

I tried the slipper with the open toe and crossover straps, but didn't care for it. Any other suggestions?

Also, I had ordered it in a 6 (a size lower than what I usually wear), and it was a little too small. Just wondering if I should be ordering my regular size in the slippers or if maybe it was just off because of that particular style.

Thanks for any suggestions and advice!

ophelia :-)

Honored Contributor

Re: Best Orthaheel slippers and sizing?

I have the ones that just recently were a TSV. I'd ordered them before and still wear them. When I first got the new ones, they were tight but they are loosening up.

Valued Contributor

I am an orthaheals slipper junkie! I love the Gemma and Laura style. Basically they are the same, the laura having a button detail. If you are a whole size, like mine is a 10, order true to size. Only if you are a half size do you size down. So since you sized down a whole size, it makes since it was to small. Now in the Gemma style, the prints such as zebra, leopard are not a fuzzy slipper material. It is soft, but not your traditional terry cloth. In the laura those all are a true slipper terry cloth. Did you have any other questions?
Regular Contributor

Thank you, annabellethecat and Nadjalu! Your suggestions are helpful. I'm thinking I should order a 7 based on what you said. I'd rather have a little extra room in case I wear socks with them since I'm assuming they have a bit of a heel cup.

Do you get yours from QVC or somewhere else at a better price?

Trusted Contributor

On 1/12/2014 ophelia299 said:

Thank you, annabellethecat and Nadjalu! Your suggestions are helpful. I'm thinking I should order a 7 based on what you said. I'd rather have a little extra room in case I wear socks with them since I'm assuming they have a bit of a heel cup.

Do you get yours from QVC or somewhere else at a better price?

6 pm dot com--great prices today!!!

Valued Contributor

Got all of mine from qvc.
Super Contributor

I have the Laura style and love them. I ordered a 7 (wear a 7 1/2 shoe) and they are perfect. The slipper is very warm so you shouldn't need to wear socks with them. They are also adjustable over the instep. Great for the winter.