Esteemed Contributor

IM said that a woman needs to have lots of boots in her wardrobe. Agree/Disgree?

He said that tonight during PM Style while talking to Courtney. I'd love to have lots of boots, but I don't know that it would be practical. They can be very expensive! How many do you have?

I've got 4 pairs that I wear during fall/winter:

1 pair of rainboots

1 pair of black leather

1 pair of black suede

1 pair of brown suede

Honored Contributor

Re: IM said that a woman needs to have lots of boots in her wardrobe. Agree/Disgree?

Too many to name here! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

In the bitter cold spell, that's all I'm wearing!

Honored Contributor

Re: IM said that a woman needs to have lots of boots in her wardrobe. Agree/Disgree?

I don't wear boots.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/6/2014 lolakimono said:

Too many to name here! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

In the bitter cold spell, that's all I'm wearing!

I understand! I live in the South, so I guess I wear them more for fashion rather than a necessity. I felt like he was talking to me when he made that comment since I don't own very many boots.

Respected Contributor

I live in California and have 2 pair of boots. One is a brown suede low boot by bare traps and the other is a knee high pair of rubber boots I bought at an Army navy store for use when the yard is like a bog. I wish we could get some rain now.
Super Contributor

I agree that women should own a lot of boots. Boots are my weakness, leather or faux materials; black or brown; riding or western, booties; rain and snow you name it and I have them. My biggest problem is how to store them because they can take up a lot of room in the closet. Back to Isaac, maybe he said that women should own a lot of boots to encourage us women to purchase his boots from the Q.

Trusted Contributor

I don't own a pair of boots and it's fine with me. My little girl has a pair but she doesn't think they are comfortable enough to wear. It's 75 today - we are still in sandals.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/6/2014 Tallgal said:

I agree that women should own a lot of boots. Boots are my weakness, leather or faux materials; blac...

I'd love to have more, but I agree that storage can be a problem. I guess I could start putting them under the bed! I think my next pair will be a western design.

You know Isaac very well! He made the comment as he was doing a sales pitch for these:

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Gored Leather Riding Boots with Buckle - A235283

A235283 ($164.52 on 5 easy pays)

Respected Contributor

Depends on where you live. down here not too much real need for them. Wear mostly as a fashion statement in our "winter" season. Back north I had several pairs, including some OTK not only for fashion, but for trudging through snow drifts.

Honored Contributor

On 1/6/2014 Tallgal said:

I agree that women should own a lot of boots. Boots are my weakness, leather or faux materials; black or brown; riding or western, booties; rain and snow you name it and I have them. My biggest problem is how to store them because they can take up a lot of room in the closet. Back to Isaac, maybe he said that women should own a lot of boots to encourage us women to purchase his boots from the Q.

EVERY woman? Not every woman needs remotely the same thing or likes the same thing. Who is he to say that? Especially since he is usually in some kind of sandals or flip flops. That's pretty rich!