A Day of Vicenza Style(R)
139 Members and 12376 Guests Online

All About Shoes

Skechers Class Action Lawsuit

Started 1373910381.913 in All About Shoes | Last reply 1373993547.84 by FlyersGirl

Got my check today from the Skecher class action lawsuit. Did anyone else get theirs?

Page 1 of 1
twocent1373911046.6310128 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008

Yep, and I must say - it was an unexpected "nice surprise." Had wondered if I would ever see it.

I recevied $103.28 for three pairs and the check was issued on July 12.

** For others that expect this refund -

If you expect to receive this refund , watch your mail carefully as it arrives in postcard type form, with a detachable check.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. :(

Tribefan1373911766.143242 PostsRegistered 11/27/2009
I submitted the paperwork months ago. I never received a response. Did you have to send in proof of purchase? I don't recall them asking for any and I'm pretty sure I didn't have my receipts. Honestly I never expected to get any money- or if I did figured it would just be a coupon towards a new pair of sneakers. Glad you guys got yours! I'll be anxiously watching my mailbox.

shelinmi1373912345.433398 PostsRegistered 6/16/2006Lovely West Michigan

$131.71 for 4 various pairs. I uploaded a picture as my proof of purchase since I didn't have receipts anymore. Mine too was in a postcard form. Nice!

twocent1373912497.3210128 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008
On 7/15/2013 Tribefan said: I submitted the paperwork months ago. I never received a response. Did you have to send in proof of purchase? I don't recall them asking for any and I'm pretty sure I didn't have my receipts. Honestly I never expected to get any money- or if I did figured it would just be a coupon towards a new pair of sneakers. Glad you guys got yours! I'll be anxiously watching my mailbox.

No, no receipts. Just filled out the online form. Watch your mailbox!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

PinkieBelle1373913412.407183 PostsRegistered 1/18/2008

What, exactly, was the class action? Did it have to do with the shape-ups?

Silver Lin­ing1373913548.9673617 PostsRegistered 4/15/2010

So glad the class action checks are coming. I'd like opinions on whether or not I should throw out my Skecher imitations/knock-offs? Loved my Dr. Scholl's version and wore them with no problems. Still have a couple of like-new pairs that I have not completely stopped wearing since Skecher was sued. I guess the danger goes for any sneaker with a rocker sole (not to be confused with a rocker soul, lol). The Dr. Scholl's are so comfortable, but a fracture isn't worth it.

PinkieBelle1373915684.703183 PostsRegistered 1/18/2008
On 7/15/2013 Silver Lining said:

So glad the class action checks are coming. I'd like opinions on whether or not I should throw out my Skecher imitations/knock-offs? Loved my Dr. Scholl's version and wore them with no problems. Still have a couple of like-new pairs that I have not completely stopped wearing since Skecher was sued. I guess the danger goes for any sneaker with a rocker sole (not to be confused with a rocker soul, lol). The Dr. Scholl's are so comfortable, but a fracture isn't worth it.

It isn't just a "rocker sole" (like the Ryka "rocker technology"), it's the big, puffy, squishy, soles of the "shape up" shoes. I'm not sure I understand the issue. They were always advertised as "unstable" which is the reason it would make you use your muscles more.

Did anyone actually think that all you had to do was put them on your feet, lay on the sofa. and you're muscles would build up?

Or is there something I'm not understanding about the issue?

twocent1373919831.2210128 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008
On 7/15/2013 PinkieBelle said:

It isn't just a "rocker sole" (like the Ryka "rocker technology"), it's the big, puffy, squishy, soles of the "shape up" shoes. I'm not sure I understand the issue. They were always advertised as "unstable" which is the reason it would make you use your muscles more.

Did anyone actually think that all you had to do was put them on your feet, lay on the sofa. and you're muscles would build up?

Well I sure did. I laid on that darn sofa daily, without fail . My Skechers on my feet, and nachos in one hand and a Budweiser in the other. I just was heartbroken when after I did this religiously for months , and didn't acquire increased muscle mass. Went up two dress sizes though.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Just askin1373919990.5271 PostsRegistered 7/15/2013

I did too :) 51 buckeroos yay!! Definitely a great surprise {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

tmw1373920109.07169 PostsRegistered 9/12/2007SFO
On 7/15/2013 twocent said:

Well I sure did. I laid on that darn sofa daily, without fail . My Skechers on my feet, and nachos in one hand and a Budweiser in the other. I just was heartbroken when after I did this religiously for months , and didn't acquire increased muscle mass. Went up two dress sizes though.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Thanks for the laugh! I needed that...Funniest thing all day...

"My body lies, but still I roam...."

Tribefan1373921600.973242 PostsRegistered 11/27/2009
I got mine today too! $68.86. Yippee!

twocent1373927731.62710128 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008
On 7/15/2013 tmw said:

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Silver Lin­ing1373941152.1633617 PostsRegistered 4/15/2010

Ha, ha. I don't understand what you're not understanding about my understanding of rocker souls, err, I mean rocker soles.{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Silver Lin­ing1373941548.663617 PostsRegistered 4/15/2010
On 7/15/2013 tmw said:

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Too funny! Now, back to my question. Since Skechers were determined to cause or contribute to accidents, should I stop wearing my knockoffs when walking to the refrigerator for more beer, or should I go back to flip flops?

sandra7481373992377.5131 PostsRegistered 7/16/2013

Yes, I got mine for $34.43. It was a surprise. Thought it would be more like 25 cents.

Puppy Lips1373992970.081456 PostsRegistered 11/19/2009

I happen to be wearing my Sketchers rocker shoes today. I had not heard anything about a lawsuit. How did you all hear about it?

FlyersGirl1373993547.84322 PostsRegistered 7/24/2005

WOOHOO! I received a check for $68.86. I claimed the 2 pairs of Shape-Ups I purchased. It looks like the settlement amount is $34.43 per pair of Shape-ups.

Puppy Lips, I heard about it on the local news. They directed you to a website to fill out a claim form. The lawsuit just settled recently so I am surprised that they are sending the checks out so fast!

Cindy

Page 1 of 1