Just-Reduced Clearance
11 Members and 13608 Guests Online

All About Shoes

Orthaheel Yolanda

Started 1364973618.523 in All About Shoes | Last reply 1365205469.733 by kittgirl
replies
Ladies I see a lot of negative post on Orthaheel...I agree some of the material is kind of cheap looking which is why I ordered & returned many before finding the Yolanda. This shoe is my new favorite thing!! There is nothing cheap looking about this shoe! I have one foot that's a 6 1/2, and my other foot a size 7. The strap on this shoe allows me to adjust to fit my narrow tiny feet perfectly! This shoe also saves me from having to spent 3 times the money ordering from other companies that do break up sets of shoes to sell two different sizes. I know I can't be the only woman who loves this Yolanda shoe!! I would love to see more colors like white, pink, red, green, lilac, army green, orange, purple....and on and on. For me it's just an excellent shoe it not only looks good but supports my body so that my leg, back, & knee problems are gone. I now own almost every color in the Yolanda. Orthaheel, please bring this shoe back in more colors!!!! Anyone agree?!?

Page 1 of 1
kittgirl1365149515.6720 PostsRegistered 6/27/2007
Where are my orthaheel ladies?

violann1365162548.72312063 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004
I don't know what anyone means by "cheap looking" but I do know what light weight pleather feels like and wears like, and after buying several Orthaheel sandals AND shoes, I'll purchase only real leather styles.

Dee in OK1365165846.76357 PostsRegistered 3/30/2012

Seriously, I'm glad you're in love with the Yolanda, but mine went into the trash because it was too late to return them to QVC.

The Yolanda was my first pair of Orthaheels, but they'll be my last. Something about the footbed made the soles of my feet sweat like crazy, which is an awful feeling I'm not used to. The underside of the ring that rests on top of the foot rubbed my foot raw, and my feet aren't usually so sensitive to new shoes that I get raw/blistered areas. I decided to tough it out and try to get used to them because they're supposed to be so good for aligning the foot, knees, etc, and I had paid so much for them. Well, my knees started hurting while wearing these Orthaheels, so I said enough of this, and tossed them into the trash.

I'm glad they work for others, but for me, they turned out to be a painful, sweaty, expensive lesson in flip-flop buying.

Sunniegirl1365166334.111038 PostsRegistered 8/21/2008So. Calfornia

Another vote for the Yolanda.... love the comfort of the longer length between the toes. I have brown and silver. I like that you could adjust the side strap and they fit so well. I saw a lady where I get my nails done and she had on the yellow. Very cute. I asked her - Orthaheel and she said yes... she had a couple of colors.

Dee in OK - sorry to hear they didn't work for you...

Dee in OK1365166836.65357 PostsRegistered 3/30/2012
On 4/5/2013 Sunniegirl said:

Another vote for the Yolanda.... love the comfort of the longer length between the toes. I have brown and silver. I like that you could adjust the side strap and they fit so well. I saw a lady where I get my nails done and she had on the yellow. Very cute. I asked her - Orthaheel and she said yes... she had a couple of colors.

Dee in OK - sorry to hear they didn't work for you...

Thanks, Sunniegirl. I wanted them to work. I like the concept of the better support and the Yolandas were cute, too, but durn, nothing about them worked for me.

I'm going to look around for other flip flops that offer a bit of support and maybe I'll find a better choice for me.

Happy Yolanda wearing to you!

Dee in OK1365168875.507357 PostsRegistered 3/30/2012

Live and learn. I just did a quick look for flip flops with support, and found other brands, with good reviews and lower prices than Orthaheel.

The one I'm thinking about trying is the Spenco Yumi in pink.

Here's what the ad says about it -

• Total Support stability and comfort- in a slip on sandal.
  • Total Support Cushioning System absorbs shock and helps prevent over-pronation
  • Orthotic Arch Support and deep heel cupping promotes stability- alignment and motion control.
  • Soft strap and premium materials provide lasting comfort and wear.
  • EVA surface custom molds over time to conform to the unique shape of the wearers feet.

shoesnbags1365177943.5332972 PostsRegistered 6/26/2007New Orleans

I own both the Orthaheel Yolanda (2 colors) and Spenco Yumi in pink. I've had plantar fascitis and find that VERY few brands have enough arch support for me. Orthaheel and Spenco both have good arch suppport, but the Spenco Yumi is much plainer and more casual than the Yolanda. For me there's no comparison in looks. I wear the Yumi flip flops around the house and by the pool. When I'm leaving the house and want a cute stylish sandal to wear, I turn to one from my collection of Orthaheels. I received so many compliments last summer on my Yolandas, from women who had no idea they were orthotic. They just wanted to know where I got the cute sandals. I have foot and joint problems and absolutely hated the looks of the few sandals/shoes that gave me the support I needed in the past. Now I'm so happy to have sandals that don't scream "comfort shoe" that I don't quibble about the price or the materials they are made of. I just love the way they look and feel on my feet.

For what it's worth, my feet don't fit onto the Birkenstock footbed. My big toe is too long to fit between the end of the shoe and the ridge meant to fit behind the toe. Going up in size simply makes the whole footbed too long. Not a great loss, since I really don't care for the look of Birkenstocks.

Our feet are all so different in size and shape - it's a good thing that there are all of these different brands catering to different needs.

Last edited on 4/5/2013

Last edited on 4/5/2013

Shoes

Money talks....but chocolate SINGS!

kittgirl1365205469.73320 PostsRegistered 6/27/2007
Shoesnbags I too couldn't wear Birkenstock they made blisters on my feet and hurt the sides of my feet...Dee in ok sorry they don't work for you...I've had to wear orthotics all my life and was so glad that the Yolanda didn't aggravate the scars on top of my foot (this was a huge first as most other shoes hurt very the scars very badly). There has been only one other orthotic that I could wear...it was a flip flop- all leather- made by Gravis. I got those about 7 years ago at Zappos...I've yet to find another pair of these shoes that look nicer (dressier). I have almost worn them out, they are my gardening shoes now but still support my feet even though they're all worn out lol. Thanks for posting the Spenco I will give it a look. Good luck finding a show that's right for you...I'm so glad to have found one that I know is right for me...I have every color except two and will be ordering those soon. Thanks everyone for your posts.

Page 1 of 1