Respected Contributor

How are you carrying the Backpack Purse?

Started carrying the original GILI backpack this week and its awkward. Can't quite figure out how I want to carry it, over the shoulder with both straps to the side or on my back. Kinda missing my Roma today. Its going to take a little bit of time to get used to it. How are you ladies adjusting to the backpack?

Regular Contributor

Re: How are you carrying the Backpack Purse?

I only have the small one, that was the TSV last week. I'm only 5'2" so I find it very comfortable for me. I know some posters were worried it would be too small, but it fits perfectly on my back.

I'm not usually one for backpacks, but i'm looking forward to be able to go hands-free if and when I need to. I did watch the video for the larger backpack online and could tell just by viewing that it would be too big and cumbersome for me.

You have the smaller version also right? Does it feel better than the original to you?

Respected Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Serena-1130 said:

I only have the small one, that was the TSV last week. I'm only 5'2" so I find it very comfortable for me. I know some posters were worried it would be too small, but it fits perfectly on my back.

I'm not usually one for backpacks, but i'm looking forward to be able to go hands-free if and when I need to. I did watch the video for the larger backpack online and could tell just by viewing that it would be too big and cumbersome for me.

You have the smaller version also right? Does it feel better than the original to you?

I do have the smaller one that was the recent TSV, I think I will move into that one tonight and see how it works out. I bought the Original in Blush when it was not in season so its been sitting and not being used until this week.

Are you just carrying it as a true backpack so far? I took the two straps and carried it over my shoulder today at lunch. Loved having the ability to put it on my back when I was at the salad bar and when I had to lug my computer bag yesterday.

Regular Contributor

I haven't carried it out as a true backpack. I only walked around my house with it last night. I am still wearing my winter coat (it was 34 degrees when i left my house this morning), which I don't think it would look great with. The weather is supposed to break tomorrow - I will try the backpack out then.

Today I carried it over the shoulder with the small handle. The fit was not too snug for me since I have a petite frame. I like this way the best so far.

Trusted Contributor

There was a bit of a learning curve for me at first. Once I got the hang of it, I wear my black one all the time. Love it. I wear it over my shoulder most of the time, but use it as a backpack when I have to carry something or go shopping.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

Thanks ladies for the feedback. I will keep trying and see how it goes.
Honored Contributor

I'm not... Each to their own, but the whole backpack thing leaves me just wondering why...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I don't think I'd want a back pack either. I have a question though. If you are wearing it on your back, how do you know thieves aren't in it. I mean, they can be pretty slick. When I was a kid, my mom had me scared to death of pick pockets. For real! LOL

Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2015 mima said:

I don't think I'd want a back pack either. I have a question though. If you are wearing it on your back, how do you know thieves aren't in it. I mean, they can be pretty slick. When I was a kid, my mom had me scared to death of pick pockets. For real! LOL

I didn't even go for the whole backpack look when I was in school... Just not my thing...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I like the idea of backpacks but they're just so clumsy to use! I've phased them out of my closet.....