Not applicable

Why Dooney.com bags not in the same colors on QVC????

I have been watching a bag on dooney.com that I simply LOVE hoping it would come to QVC. It came to QVC this month, but the colors are all different not only by name, but also by color. WHY?? I 'don't like the colors on QVC. I just don't understand this. Are they different quality? Are they even real Dooneys?

Super Contributor

Re: Why Dooney.com bags not in the same colors on QVC????

What bag(s) in particular are you referring to?

Honored Contributor

Yes...they often are better quality on Dooney.com.

I know this from personal experience!

Honored Contributor

I've had some Dooney's be exactly the same as I could buy elsewhere and some not.

I just looked at several Dooneys at my local Nordstrom - nothing that I've seen here at QVC, but nothing I wanted to pay their price to carry home.

Super Contributor

On 3/22/2015 terrier3 said:

Yes...they often are better quality on Dooney.com.

I know this from personal experience!

Terrier3, are you saying that you believe Dooney makes different versions of the same bags, such as the Flo Satchels, for QVC? I don't think this is the case, though I know because of the bags received that some believe that. I've purchased the exact same bag in different colors from both places, and they are identical in quality.

There are certainly many D&B styles that never make it to QVC, and a few bags that are exclusive to QVC (ex. Logo Lock), but otherwise, they should all be the same bags. This has been discussed here before and I believe Dooney has confirmed it.

As far as to why the colors looks different, it could be because the color swatches on Dooney.com aren't the most accurate. And/or the OP could be confusing a color. Every color I've compared between Q and Dooney.com is of the same name.

Honored Contributor

Some bags offered here are made for Q... but I believe most are the same bags sold by Dooney elsewhere.

As for not wanting to pay department store prices, that's ridiculous. It's QVC that religiously charges full retail plus shipping and rarely puts these bags on sale. At most department stores, not only do they go on sale more often, but they go on clearance more often and it's a real sale and a real clearance...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

Yes I agree stevieb right now in fact on Macy's website many Dooneys are on sale at 20% off with code VIP plus there's free shipping. I buy most of mine from Macy's during their sales.
Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Bichongal1 said: Yes I agree stevieb right now in fact on Macy's website many Dooneys are on sale at 20% off with code VIP plus there's free shipping. I buy most of mine from Macy's during their sales.

Yep, in the past, I've gotten a few of mine there, from L&T and from their own website when they're on special... and none of the above charge shipping over a hundred bucks... It was great back when Dooney offered their own version of EP. I've often wondered if QVC had anything to do with them ending that little arrangement.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 3/22/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/22/2015 Bichongal1 said: Yes I agree stevieb right now in fact on Macy's website many Dooneys are on sale at 20% off with code VIP plus there's free shipping. I buy most of mine from Macy's during their sales.

Yep, in the past, I've gotten a few of mine there, from L&T and from their own website when they're on special... and none of the above charge shipping over a hundred bucks... It was great back when Dooney offered their own version of EP. I've often wondered if QVC had anything to do with them ending that little arrangement.

I feel sure that QVC had something to do with Dooney ending their easy pay. Ever since then the hosts use that as part of their sales pitch - kind of relentlessly. "This is the only place you can get D&B on easy pay!"

That would be the only reason to buy from Q, unless you want one of the bags specifically made for Q, such as the LL. Otherwise, there are far better deals to be had elsewhere, especially if you're patient.

Regular Contributor

D&B.com also has a VIP 20% off expiring at midnight (EST) tonight.