Contributor

Organza Bags for purse storage?

Good morning everyone,

I hope that I am posting in the right area.

What do you think about organza bags for keeping the handbags dust free?

Thanks for your replies.

G.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Organza Bags for purse storage?

What a beautiful idea! You could make the bags to match the color of the purse! Very Clever & elegant!!

Respected Contributor

I have never seen a purse-size organza bag. Do you sew them or purchase? One drawback is that they might slide around on the shelf. I have pretty storage baskets so that might solve this issue. Love the idea.
Honored Contributor

I have recently removed all my bags from their storage bags because I never remember what I have when I want to make a change. They're all on shelves ""naked"" so I can find what I'm looking for.

A little dust (and maybe some fading?) is better than leaving them in their bags unused for years on end.

Respected Contributor

While an organza bag would be pretty, I don't think it would protect your leather handbags from dust. I use pillow cases or pillow protectors... all well washed first. When I can, I coordinate the color with the handbag color. If not, I buy very inexpensive white cotton pillow protectors.

Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I thought about keeping the purses in organza bags so I can see through them. I found the following website that offer different sizes and colors. If anyone of you is interested in taking a peek.

http://www.tulleshop.com/

Again, thank you all.

Have a great day!

G.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm not remembering organza correctly, but I think it's a little "scratchy" for leather .... and the fabric might allow in dust, as another suggested.

Most high end bags that I have include a soft flannel-ish fabric with a drawstring. I would look for a softer fabric. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Gourmande said:

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I thought about keeping the purses in organza bags so I can see through them. I found the following website that offer different sizes and colors. If anyone of you is interested in taking a peek.

http://www.tulleshop.com/

Again, thank you all.

Have a great day!

G.

Thank you OP. I think the larger bags would serve as a beautiful gift bag.
Honored Contributor

If I buy a handbag without a dust bag, I use pillow cases. You can take a picture of your handbag and put it on the outside of the bag. I also, put the little packages that you find in handbags and shoes to keep them dry inside the handbag.