Honored Contributor

I think the Hosts/Reps should disclose that TIGNANELLO's are not 100% Leather

I was watching the show this morning showing TIG's new shopper with the Antiqued Leather. Really a gorgeous bag at a little over $100. However, the Host was marveling over the Leather (and it was beautiful) and not once did the Tig rep or the Host mention that the Trim is PVC Vinyl. And when you look up the Specs, it just says "Trim = Man Made materials or something like that).

Now, that trim included the Handles, the entire bottom and about 2" up all the sides of the bag, plus whatever trim is at the top (including the interior facing and piping on the interior as well as the very cute outside tassle~! That left just the center portion of the bag, front, sides and back to be leather!!!

Not everyone knows that TIG does this. The customers need to know that TIG is now about 50/50 leather/PVC Vinyl. And many, like me, remember and bought Tig bags when they were 100% leather and absolutely gorgeous 20 years ago.

A lot of ladies will say, "So what?".... well, as someone who beats the bushes for resale items on a regular basis, I have seen my share of used-up Tigs. I can't even resell them because the PVC Vinyl is shredded so badly, while the leather holds up and still looks good.

I'm a bag-a-holic and would love to have bought the one I saw this morning, but kept my finger off the trigger because of the mixed materials.

QVC SHOULD NOT hold back this information to their customers......

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: I think the Hosts/Reps should disclose that TIGNANELLO's are not 100% Leather

I saw that presentation and agree 100 %!!

And Sharon kept saying how she couldn't believe that $112 was the whole price and not just an easy pay installment! Are you kidding me? The bag was half plastic!!

Honored Contributor

Re: I think the Hosts/Reps should disclose that TIGNANELLO's are not 100% Leather

I've noted Jane do it and I noted Lisa doing it before she left... Can't say about the others since I haven't seen any other presentations, but they're very good about doing it in such a way that it could easily get glossed over. Jane tried to make it sound like a positive and Lisa, as I recall, just noted the percentages of what is what... It appears that virtually all the newer Tig bags are mixed materials and as buyers we need to just be aware and read the fine print. The days of older Tignanello handbags that were all leather appear to be fading away.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I will say that I ordered two Tig bags from here recently as gifts (the EP will get you every time) and sent them both right back when I saw the exact same bags elsewhere for literally half the price. I only wish I'd seen them locally and saved myself the shipping, but even so, money is still saved by paying half what the Q is charging for leather and vinyl handbags. There's no way those bags are worth the prices they're seeking anymore.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 stevieb said:

I've noted Jane do it and I noted Lisa doing it before she left... Can't say about the others since I haven't seen any other presentations, but they're very good about doing it in such a way that it could easily get glossed over. Jane tried to make it sound like a positive and Lisa, as I recall, just noted the percentages of what is what... It appears that virtually all the newer Tig bags are mixed materials and as buyers we need to just be aware and read the fine print. The days of older Tignanello handbags that were all leather appear to be fading away.

I have three ring hobos that are absolutely scrumptious 100% leather:

I have platinum, black and brown. They are fabulous bags, but they are also a thing of the past.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

Let the buyer beware.

Honored Contributor

I just remembered that, when Sharon was going on about the easy payments being so low for a leather handbag..... Kudos to Lisa R and Jane for saying something though...

My TJMaxx always has a good selection of Tigs and at great prices...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I saw the same presentation, and thought the same thing. I have a great Tig crossbody that I can no longer use because the PLASTIC strap is cracked in many, many places. I won't buy another Tignanello bag unless I can be guaranteed that the straps are leather. Shame on QVC for skimming over the facts!
Honored Contributor

They flash on the screen in that white box during the presentation that the whole bag is not leather and what parts are PVC vinyl. Tig bags have gone down hill since they started using vinyl for parts of the bag. I'd rather have all leather and pay more and no logos on the bag.

Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 baker said:

They flash on the screen in that white box during the presentation that the whole bag is not leather and what parts are PVC vinyl. Tig bags have gone down hill since they started using vinyl for parts of the bag. I'd rather have all leather and pay more and no logos on the bag.

Wow, I don't think I ever noticed that.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}