Honored Contributor

New! A261873 G.I.L.I. Classic Pebble Leather Satchel

G.I.L.I. Classic Pebble Leather Satchel

Classic meets contemporary. With beautiful pebble leather and a timeless squared design, this G.I.L.I. satchel offers a retro look that's stylish today. An adjustable shoulder strap and double handles let you carry it any way you want, while goldtone accents add a luxurious finish. From G.I.L.I. got it love it(R).

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: New! A261873 G.I.L.I. Classic Pebble Leather Satchel

Measures approximately 11-1/2"W x 8-1/2"H x 6-1/2"D with a 21" to 24" strap drop and a 4-1/2" handle drop; weighs approximately 2 lbs, 8 oz

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

I love this in the ivory!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 Krissie2 said:

I love this in the ivory!

Yes, of the 3 options-the Ivory would be my pick. There are 2 outside pockets along each side.

Honored Contributor

I'd kind of been waiting for this one, but upon seeing it show up yesterday I don't really care for it. It doesn't strike me as a 'classic' satchel, being a bit too boxy and I guess I just don't care for the hardware anchoring the handles. It looks like I'm going to be pretty much done with this line of handbags. Not an unappealing bag, just not one that's going to be for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/6/2015 stevieb said:

I'd kind of been waiting for this one, but upon seeing it show up yesterday I don't really care for it. It doesn't strike me as a 'classic' satchel, being a bit too boxy and I guess I just don't care for the hardware anchoring the handles. It looks like I'm going to be pretty much done with this line of handbags. Not an unappealing bag, just not one that's going to be for me.

Remember the Ghurka Heritage collection? I have the pebble satchel in cream, as well as navy (gave the brown to my daughter-in-law for a Christmas gift).

It's so gorgeous ... this GILI bag doesn't even come close in comparison to the quality and style of that collection. I guess it's not suppose to since it's a copy some other designer.

Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 stevieb said:

Hi stevie-I too was waiting for thIs satchel. It does strike me as being boxy/square & I'm only interested in the Ivory-not the most durable option. I don't like to "baby" my handbags so it's most likely a pass for me. Scheduled to be presented on the Pat & Jayne show tonight, but I won't be home. I am a bit surprised there is no advance notice or sneak peeks for the new GILI bags & that they didn't offer it last night while Amy presented a few GILI items during Inspired Style. Will watch the video over the weekend, but price is not compelling & the new return policy means a potential loss of $20 to get it home/If I decide to return it. I'm still leaning toward one of the new Spring Brahmin bags in the opal color scheme. Have a nice weekend!

Super Contributor

Thanks for posting! There was an early bird link on Jayne Brown's facebook page but I agree, there should have also been a sneak peek of the bag during last night's Inspired Style or even better, during the two PM Style shows this week. It would've promoted the bag AND the new Fashionably Late show tonight. But I guess that would be too reasonable and make too much business sense to do?? Get your head in the game, QVC. Anyway, love the bag especially in ivory but am in no need of a new bag so I'll pass. But I'll be watching tonight to see how it is presented for fun!
Frequent Contributor

I just returned this bag today..... I really love satchels and I really like the G.I.L.I. bags I have...

So, I did something I have never done before and will never do again....I ordered this bag before the picture was up and ordered based on the description only. It was a mistake...

I ordered the color bark which was a very pretty color but that is all I liked about the bag.

It's big and nothing but a square box. It looks like a box and feels like a box... if you like really hard structure, this will be your bag. I don't think the side pockets would be very functional at all as they come right up under the shoulder strap connector.

But what kept me from even taking the plastic off and trying it was the top of the bag...

The leather on one side of the zipper was completely smooth and looked nice... the other half of the top, on the other side of the zipper, the leather was wrinkled up and looked a horrible mess...

For $300 bag? ... no way..... I didn't take the plastic off of any straps or zips... I boxed it back up and returned the next day. ( Today)