Super Contributor

New GiLi bag Amy presented on new show......

I'm watching the new show with Amy, and I do think she is doing a nice job. She's pleasant, fun and knows her stuff.

I must say that the new bag from GiLi just presented----the satchel---looks like a great bag, but oh my, those zippers! Both ends extended the top of the bag by many inches and were so stiff they stuck out like airplane wings, lol. Do you think they would soften in time? It just made me laugh as it looked so off.

Honored Contributor

Re: New GiLi bag Amy presented on new show......

The bag was interesting, but as far as I'm concerned GILI is pricing itself out. If I'm paying that much for a bag, it isn't going to be GILI... Even at half the price, I'd have probably not been very interested. I watched about half the show before switching to something else. Not my cup of tea.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The new bag has the SAME handle fasteners that kept failing (with the loose pin) on the GILI Milano bag (above). Why?

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 1Professor said:

The new bag has the SAME handle fasteners that kept failing (with the loose pin) on the GILI Milano bag (above). Why?

I really load up my Milano and have not had any problems.

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 stevieb said:

The bag was interesting, but as far as I'm concerned GILI is pricing itself out. If I'm paying that much for a bag, it isn't going to be GILI... Even at half the price, I'd have probably not been very interested. I watched about half the show before switching to something else. Not my cup of tea.

I'm skipping Lori and tuning back in for Isaac/Shawn to see how those shows go. And I agree, I'd rather put my $ into a different bag.

Valued Contributor

This is one ugly bag...A261874. I got the original version in royal blue ostrich leather for $260!
Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 tough_kitty said: This is one ugly bag...A261874. I got the original version in royal blue ostrich leather for $260!

Was it this one? Love the blue!

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 1Professor said:

G.I.L.I. Milano Double Zip Exotic Leather Hobo

I really like this bag, but wouldn't buy another GILI bag with that hardware. I love my Milano's, but there are several reviews that mention the pin coming out.

I agree with Stevie that they are pricing these too high. There is a lot of competition in the $300 range for nice, quality handbags.

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

I'm watching the new show with Amy, and I do think she is doing a nice job. She's pleasant, fun and knows her stuff.

I must say that the new bag from GiLi just presented----the satchel---looks like a great bag, but oh my, those zippers! Both ends extended the top of the bag by many inches and were so stiff they stuck out like airplane wings, lol. Do you think they would soften in time? It just made me laugh as it looked so off.

I just watched the video and saw what you were talking about. Oh my, the bag looked silly with those zippers sticking straight out! Lisa would never have shown the bag like that.

Surely it would soften up with use, but wow.

Valued Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Krissie2 said:
On 3/2/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

I just watched the video and saw what you were talking about. Oh my, the bag looked silly with those zippers sticking straight out! Lisa would never have shown the bag like that.

Surely it would soften up with use, but wow.

It's a plane! Lol. Black and white actually aren't that terrible. But the brown is still ugly....