Respected Contributor

GILI Leather Exotic Stirrup Hobo

G.I.L.I. Leather Exotic Stirrup HoboG.I.L.I. Leather Exotic Stirrup Hobo

Love to hear from anyone who has the exotic leather GILI stirrup hobo!

The blue disappeared within minutes, the first time Lisa showed it, so I missed it, but now it's back up. I'm drawn to it.

Valued Contributor

Re: GILI Leather Exotic Stirrup Hobo

At this point you'd be getting someone's return so not sure it's worth it, especially for that price!! Also, I think the smooth leather looks and feels way better than the exotic versions, but that's just my opinion. Hope you like it if you decide to get it. And wow, $269 for the fringe hobo! They are going insane with the new GILI bags prices....especially that they are not doing a good job promoting those bags.
Super Contributor

This bag is available on Ebay for just over $200, and blue is one of the color options. A lot of the 'bay sellers buy their stock from the QVC outlets, and you can see photos of the actual bag. Since you are getting a return either way, might be worth checking out and saving some money. I've had great luck with handbag purchases from EBay.
Respected Contributor

tough_kitty and Krissie2:

Thanks so much for your thoughts. Quite useful.

With all the colors back, it did occur to me that the Q might have made more (not returns), but you could be right. Krissie, I've been checking eBay daily and no BLUE, but you're right on the brown and wine for $260!

tough_kitty, the prices are increasingly, oddly, high:

G.I.L.I. Large Stirrup Hobo - A261875G.I.L.I. Lizard Leather Large Hobo Bag - A254211

The snake was $488! And the green lizard, $656!!

Contributor

I ordered this bag on the night that it debuted, I was super excited about the blue!

Unfortunately I hated it in person, it was soooo shiny, I didn't expect it to be so shiny? For me I thought that the sheen made it look cheap, never even unpacked her. Other reviewers love the bag, so it is a matter of personal taste. I guess I am a more classic girl.

I am trying to talk myself out of the pebble leather version, I will probably cave once I decide on color...

Respected Contributor

On 2/20/2015 Neecole said:

I ordered this bag on the night that it debuted, I was super excited about the blue!

Unfortunately I hated it in person, it was soooo shiny, I didn't expect it to be so shiny? For me I thought that the sheen made it look cheap, never even unpacked her. Other reviewers love the bag, so it is a matter of personal taste. I guess I am a more classic girl.

I am trying to talk myself out of the pebble leather version, I will probably cave once I decide on color...

Great feedback, thanks Neecole. Still contemplating the blue; may have to bite the return fee just to see it!

I did, however, cave on the pebble leather, terracotta. Feel certain I'll adore it:G.I.L.I. Large Pebbled Leather Stirrup Hobo

Respected Contributor

Apparently Gucci, who started the stirrup hobo style that GILI adopted, also went with a "shiny" look:

Gucci NWOT Blue Green Python Limited Edition Oversized Leather Stirrup Shoulder

This python limited edition shows up on eBay for a bargain $3,750. Sigh. Same dimensions as the GILI.

Valued Contributor

These pictures make the exotic bags look like the material is plastic.

Super Contributor

Hi 1Professor, here is the link to the blue:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-G-I-L-I-Large-Exotic-Hobo-Style-Bag-EXCELLENT-/191499440897?pt=LH_...

I think you made a good choice with the pebble leather hobo. The reviews are very good, and from the presentation it looks gorgeous.

As for Q having ordered more, I doubt it. Without LR here to present these bags, I think they are just happy to get the original quantity sold, but then I am very pessimistic, having received many, many customer returns as "new".

Respected Contributor

Krissie2, thanks for the link! Little scared because it's a pre-owned bag. Love the drape of this blue one on the video, though. A coated leather can be SO luxurious, softer than a patent leather.

Meanwhile, the terracotta stirrup will be on my doorstep Friday! Carrying my Roma 2 natural ostrich this weekend while thinking that I'm enough of a Big Bag Gal to adore a slightly bigger bag than the Roma 2 (of which I have 3). Hope the pebble leather is buttery!

Is everyone still adoring their large GILI stirrup?