Frequent Contributor

First Look Review of G.I.L.I. Backpack TSV March

I received the Terracotta and the Show Leopard today... I just unpacked, I haven't carried yet... I can tell you these are medium size bags... slightly bigger than I expected but still a very nice size. Appear to be very well made.... very sturdy construction.

Terracotta--- is much lighter brown than I thought and pictured... I have no idea why they named this terracotta... it couldn't be further from a terracotta color. Its a very light tan... but will be a good neutral color for summer. Pebble leather is really nice.

Snow Leopard - I got this one more to just see what it looked like, and it is stunning. Beautiful bag. More of the gray pattern than the chalk which is what I was hoping for. The leather has a texture to it... almost a grainy feel to it, but its not a bad feel.. I really love the look of the bag. It looks like winter to me, very cool toned.. I am sure folks will carry it in the summer, but it just looks like a winter bag to me. I don't think there is any way you would not get comments on this bag if you carried it... it's that unusual.

I plan on carrying one of them tomorrow and will let you know how they carry.

If I like the bag, I will keep the terracotta for sure... it's a great neutral.

I am waiting on the Brown Snake to be delivered and will likely keep either it or the snow leopard. I LOVE the look of the show leopard but unless you are wearing black or gray or all one color in a cool tone and use the bag as a contrast, I don't think it would go with much.... I think it would clash with patterns or colors like brown, red, etc. But, wow... is it beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Re: First Look Review of G.I.L.I. Backpack TSV March

katie-I responded to your other post. Great details-very helpful as those are my 2 color choices. Let me know addtl thoughts after you take it for a spin drive.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

I ordered then cancelled the snow leopard but I still want it. Thanks for the post...

Valued Contributor

Hi! I responded on your other post, thanks so much for the detailed review. Please let me know two things...can you hook the straps to make it a comfy crossbody and how is the weight compared to the Roma 2 or Chelsea if you have one or both of those. Many thanks!
Frequent Contributor

Answering questions... weight... I have the Roma 2 but not the Chelsea... this new bag is lighter than the Roma 2... and yes you can hook the straps together to make a cross body.... that is the way I intend to carry it... however, I will be curious to see how comfortable it is... you have to hook two of the lobster claws to each other and then that connection is what is on the shoulder so I am curious to see if it hurts the shoulder, I have a shoulder strap cushion that I bought on Amazon and I have that covering the lobster claw connection. I think that will take care of it.
Valued Contributor

On 2/19/2015 katieqr said: Answering questions... weight... I have the Roma 2 but not the Chelsea... this new bag is lighter than the Roma 2... and yes you can hook the straps together to make a cross body.... that is the way I intend to carry it... however, I will be curious to see how comfortable it is... you have to hook two of the lobster claws to each other and then that connection is what is on the shoulder so I am curious to see if it hurts the shoulder, I have a shoulder strap cushion that I bought on Amazon and I have that covering the lobster claw connection. I think that will take care of it.
Thanks for the info...looking forward to hearing how your first spin was today! I like the shoulder strap cushion idea, will look today.