Occasional Contributor

What happened to Stone Mountain?

Just wondering what happened to stone mountain leather handbags? Are they no longer on the Q? I miss the more reasonably priced handbags and the medium sized ones with shoulder straps. Even Tig is heading more in the shorter handles and less of the nice glove leather. Too bad, it's hard to find a good shoulder bag anymore.

Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to Stone Mountain?

It appears there are no longer moderately priced all leather bags on Q...

As a company, I don't know the status of Stone Mountain... I still see them when out in stores, but only very occasionally.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

I also love the Stone Mountain bags and have carried them for years. If you go to Amazon and search on Stone Mountain you will find many bags. I did not check out prices but I do have Prime so would not pay S/H or tax which helps.

Esteemed Contributor

Kohls has Stone Mountain bags under the name Stone & Company

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Regular Contributor

I always loved Stone Mountain when they were made in Georgia, beautiful bags, reasonably priced. Then they started making them overseas, to save money I guess. Quality went down, price went up. They lost me as a customer.
Contributor

I just gave Amazon a second look and it seems none of the bags are eligible for Prime. Sorry for the confusion. I too will be searching for a bag like you described.

Occasional Contributor

I love a good handbag myself. Unfortunately for me I need one with some type of a shoulder strap and an outside pocket. I used to love the Tig larger crossbody type made out of glove leather with the dog leash type strap that can be worn on the shoulder or crossbody, but lately it seems like they are heading more in the stiff type of leather or strange colors. Dooney's don't work for me period. I like coach but even they are into the short straps. I went to the local outlet yesterday and not one single long strap bag other than the large wallet size. It's been hard to find. I don't like the OrYany either too large and weird straps for me. I'm pretty basic. Oh well I'll keep looking, hopefully someone at the Q will read this and bring it up to the powers at be??? One can only hope. Yes Kohl's does have some stone mountain but they aren't the same as the Q had. The linings are black, the leather isn't as soft either.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember purchasing Stone Mountain bags years and years ago....they were lovely leather bags....later I started purchasing Coach....now I just buy what looks nice to me...in any brand....right now I am carrying a London Fog I got here at the Q....

Valued Contributor

I stopped buying Stone Mountain bags when they started to have them made in China, instead of here. The bags now just aren't the quality they used to be, but the same can be said for a lot of products.

Esteemed Contributor

You can order directly from their website. Some sales and clearance items always available.

As another poster said they're now MIC and not the buttery soft leather they once were.

Please don't mistake Kohl's bags under White Mountain for SM. I foolishly listened to this once before and checked them out. No, they are no where near the same bags.