Respected Contributor

Help!!! How do I get off ballpoint ink from a Coach leather bag?

The ink mark is front and center, of course. Is there any cleaner out there that won't make it worse?

TIA

Super Contributor

Re: Help!!! How do I get off ballpoint ink from a Coach leather bag?

The old standby used to be:hairspray! Spray it on the ink and blot it off with a paper towel. Continue until the stain is gone. Did you try the Internet? Maybe someone's come up with something better. Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

I got a small ink spot off a Lauren bag with a Q-tip and finger nail polish remover and it didn't mess up the bag.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I just did a Google search on how to clean ink off a leather Coach bag. There were many, many sites there which were very instructive.

So, thank you ladies for your input; you were very helpful.

Frequent Contributor

Coach sells a cleaner for about $10. If you bring your handbag to a coach store, atleast at our Coach store, they will try to get it off for you free of charge.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, LovemyMakeup, that's good info to have and I'm sure many will appreciate having.

Honored Contributor

In a place where it won't show first try one of those Mr. Clean errasers. Slightly dampen it.

I've gotten indelible (sp) marker (black thick) off of a fruitwood table covered in it. It didn't take any of the paint or stain off.

It's also good for getting self-tanner off of folds in skin and around the finger and toe nails.

Valued Contributor

I see you got some great answers here, but I thought I'd still share.

Hubby accidentally got ball point ink on the headliner in his truck and came to ask me what I thought might take it off. I told him to try straight alcohol, and it worked great. The headliner is very light, and you can't tell where the ink spot was.

I hope you figured out your dilemma. Can you share here what worked for you? Thank you!

Respected Contributor

On 2/15/2015 DiamondGirly said:

I see you got some great answers here, but I thought I'd still share.

Hubby accidentally got ball point ink on the headliner in his truck and came to ask me what I thought might take it off. I told him to try straight alcohol, and it worked great. The headliner is very light, and you can't tell where the ink spot was.

I hope you figured out your dilemma. Can you share here what worked for you? Thank you!

DiamondGirly, thanks for your input and, yes, I did get some good ideas to try. When I find the right solution I will let you know. I have been very sick, so I'm going to wait a while until I feel up to this small task. Thanks, again.

Honored Contributor

Having taught for many years,removing ink was a common task....the only thing I found that worked well was hairspray, the non-aerosol kind