Contributor

FRAUD.

I ordered a new Dooney handbag, received an "As Is" (bag enclosed in the dustbag, no wrap on the handles or logo, contrary to how all my new Dooneys have been shipped). I asked for a partial refund in line with the Dooney "As Is" prices on QVC's website. Email response from Customer Service:

Send the bag back to us. We are "unable" (e.g., unwilling) to "adjust the price."

No mention of charging full price for As-Is. The issue of misrepresentation was completely ignored. I wonder what the FTC might make of this.

Coupled with recent shipping issues (items untrackable on UPS), I'm a soon-to-be-former QVC customer. What a shabby practice.

Super Contributor

My advice, call back and speak with a different CS agent. That would resolve your issue faster then dealing with the Government. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Was the bag in good condition? Just because it wasn't wrapped to your liking, if it doesn't look worn in any way, it is probably a return.

Respected Contributor
That's what As is is. Read the fine print.
Contributor

Kathoderay, that was good advice. I called, couldn't get a supervisor (why is that not a surprise?), and was informed that I'll receive the partial refund originally requested.

I will track this on my credit card statements to see if it occurs. I asked for an email confirmation or transaction #, and was told no, that's not possible. I do have the name and ID # of the CSR involved.

Maybe some are content to receive "As Is" merchandise at full price. Not me.

Super Contributor
On 1/24/2015 Arizona CR said:

Kathoderay, that was good advice. I called, couldn't get a supervisor (why is that not a surprise?), and was informed that I'll receive the partial refund originally requested.

I will track this on my credit card statements to see if it occurs. I asked for an email confirmation or transaction #, and was told no, that's not possible. I do have the name and ID # of the CSR involved.

Maybe some are content to receive "As Is" merchandise at full price. Not me.

If you use a major bank, it should happen within 5-7 business days, at least that's been my experience. Sometimes I get an email conformation, sometimes I don't. I don't worry about it, QVC has always made things right and the credit always shows up. Can't say that about every online retailer.

Also, most do not consider there are CS agents at all levels of experience, so a second call usually does the trick. I'm happy it worked out for you!

Valued Contributor
On 1/24/2015 Q2girl said: That's what As is is. Read the fine print.
I think OP ordered a brand new bag, not "as is", and received someone's return. It happened to me with an Oryany bag at Amazon and they apologized and gave me 30% off if I wanted to keep it.
Honored Contributor
On 1/24/2015 kathoderay said:

My advice, call back and speak with a different CS agent. That would resolve your issue faster then dealing with the Government. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Customer service is inconsistent, so you may receive a better answer by speaking to someone else.

Contributor

Tough Kitty, you read the original post. Yes, I ordered a brand new bag and got an "As Is" instead. Now I get to keep the bag for 2/3 the full price, thanks to advice from kathoderay.

My takeaway: when there's an issue, don't email (which is my default mode), but get on the phone to CS.

Esteemed Contributor

How is the CS rep to know what you have in hand? Of course, send it back at the distributor's expense and request a replacement.

Calling someone fraudulent is also defamation on the other side. C'mon, man, these things happen!

Cogito ergo sum