Super Contributor

I just noticed that they raised the price from $317 to $324 and they also raised the shipping and handling from $12.44 (when I bought it) to $12.47...what??? So glad I got one on "as is"...

Trusted Contributor

What???? Don't understand that at all. Maybe it's because there is a demand for them right now and people are buying them. I bought mine at the 317 price, which in and of itself is an inflated price.

Super Contributor

I was surprised...I picked up my 2nd (the navy) from the ""as is"" section. It came today in perfect condition except that the dust bag was missing. Quite a bargain - lucky me!

Valued Contributor
It was first presented in April last year at $286!!!
Honored Contributor
On 1/20/2015 gigy said:

What???? Don't understand that at all. Maybe it's because there is a demand for them right now and people are buying them. I bought mine at the 317 price, which in and of itself is an inflated price.

Lol, if you can figure out Q's pricing strategy...pray tell! Given that they keep & resell fashion merchandise over 5 years and increase pricing as well as increased s&h, is an anomaly in the retail business. They may think there is a "sentimental" value for some GILI items...harping on the "no reorder"warning, and have nothing to lose by raising the price for a week or month to see what happens. Lol. They must have a significant inventory of the Milano hobo bag. It's been a "featured" item for the PMS show for several weeks, with desperate & ineffective sales pitches from Jayne, Pat & Sandra, suggesting very slow sales. Let's see if it makes the lineup again next week.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor
On 1/20/2015 tough_kitty said: It was first presented in April last year at $286!!!

Yes. That was the TSV price, right? I wouldn't expect their "regular" price to rise though...I guess they are capitalizing on Lisa's departure, etc.

Valued Contributor
On 1/20/2015 cgil said:
On 1/20/2015 tough_kitty said: It was first presented in April last year at $286!!!

Yes. That was the TSV price, right? I wouldn't expect their "regular" price to rise though...I guess they are capitalizing on Lisa's departure, etc.

I don't think it was a TSV. I remember Lisa was planning to present it on her Friday night show but it sold out fast.
Super Contributor
On 1/20/2015 tough_kitty said:
On 1/20/2015 cgil said:

I don't think it was a TSV. I remember Lisa was planning to present it on her Friday night show but it sold out fast.

I wasn't sure...so thanks for "setting the record straight"!