Frequent Contributor
I love the GILI large hobos and wondered what their fate will now be. Last week on a tour of QVC, I asked the guide if she knew what was happening to the GILI line and for what it's worth I found her answer interesting. She said that the line is owned by Lisa, it is her line, and that they are on "pins and needles" hoping Lisa will continue to sell as a vendor on QVC or is she going to take the line in a whole new direction. They don't have an answer yet. I just found that interesting for what it's worth. By the way, I had an interesting experience at Saks in the Gucci boutique. The sales girl was loving my GILI lizard hobo. She checked out every inch of the bag and said the lizard leather was gorgeous and the bag was beautifully made. I think Lisa would have been proud of that. I am hoping she continues somewhere in design.
Respected Contributor
Lol. That's interesting. Someone posted a link that QVC registered the GILI name to themselves. No offense, but I think whoever was doing the tour was making things up. The story just doesn't gibe with what Lisa has said or what QVC has done.
Honored Contributor

I don't think you can really call some one a designer who just makes cheap knockoffs of much more expensive items that she owns. Same with Joan Rivers . They did not , in fact, design anything - they both just copied other designers that they had purchased. They both are /were quite open about this too - they didn't keep it a secret at all.

Respected Contributor
I just did a search and QVC owns the trademark for GILI, not Lisa Robertson. Sounds like idle speculation from the staff.
Frequent Contributor
Cosmic1, Thanks for that info. i am interested to see what actually happens to the line.
Respected Contributor

I hardly think a tour guide has anwers to those types of questions.

Frequent Contributor
I WISH. IMO it was one of the few really interesting lines on the Q.
Honored Contributor

Lisa doesn't own GILI. The tour guide was wrong.

Honored Contributor
On 12/26/2014 happy housewife said:

I don't think you can really call some one a designer who just makes cheap knockoffs of much more expensive items that she owns. Same with Joan Rivers . They did not , in fact, design anything - they both just copied other designers that they had purchased. They both are /were quite open about this too - they didn't keep it a secret at all.

Almost all designers copy from someone or something else. Or they rip themselves off.

Lisa was always very honest about her items being based on something she owned with her own touches. That's about as good as it gets.

I'm not sure at all what a real designer is - more than likely someone the speaker or writer likes and not a whole lot more.

Super Contributor

So odd that the tour guide would give out so much proprietary information, especially the part about "being on pins and needles". (I need to take a tour of QVC since I am only 45 minutes away.)