Respected Contributor

Cross body bag that is big enough, not for travel

I'm trying to reduce the weight of handbag on back and P.T. suggested crossbody. I got a Travelon that was advanced order and it's driving me crazy. It could be the style; you have a huge zipper to get in.

Can someone suggest a crossbody bag that's not especially for travel. Maybe leather. Something that would look good with my wool winter coats.

I'm going through "big bag withdrawal."

Honored Contributor

Re: Cross body bag that is big enough, not for travel

I love my Brahmin crossbody! It's big enough for my wallet, checkbook and a few things without being too bulky. I got a green one for summer and liked it so much that I bought a black one for winter.

http://www.brahmin.com/s?defaultSearchTextValue=Search&searchKeywords=convertible+crossbody&Action=s...

Esteemed Contributor

I love my black Vera Bradley crossbody! I have the triple zipper hipster. It's close to perfection. It's also very light weight---which I really like.
Trusted Contributor

The Sak has some nice leather crossbody bags.

Respected Contributor

Super Contributor

If you have back issues keep in mind that leather is heavier than a nylon or cloth bag; even cross body you will feel the weight. The Baggallini brand has some stylish nylon bags, available online at ebags and many other retailers. A local luggage store sells them, so you may find them locally, too.

Respected Contributor

I'm aware that leather is heavier. Synthetic pleather is the heaviest. But I'm surprised that many leather crossbody bags are the same weight and sometimes lighter than the Travelon. I think the RFID fabric lining adds a few ounces.

I've been looking at Bagallini, but they are so tiny. I cannot go out during the day without good sunglasses and keep them in their large case. Also small reading glasses and some meds, etc. I have to have with me. I'm now down to one lipstick and one small comb brush. I don't want to give up my wallet because their are times I'll have to carry a larger bag.

Esteemed Contributor

Go to Ilovedooney.com and search nylon -- lots of sales!!!! Free shipping as well.

Respected Contributor

KATE SPADE!!! Love my nylon but also available in leather

Respected Contributor

I just found a Vera Bradley black microfiber on 'as is' for thirty dollars cheaper. It looks like it might have some problems but I've always wanted a VB microfiber. Now I'll go to the other sites you mentioned.