Frequent Contributor
I sincerely wish that there were more selection here or anywhere else for these bags. Because of needing to use a cane walking, they are the only alternative. Being on a fixed income I will spend no more than $50. and expect that bag to last. It must also be organized. If that makes me an odd duck, so be it.
Super Contributor
I began using a cane this year due to an arthritic hip. I loved and carried crossbody bags before that, and now they are indispensable. I particularly like the Tignanello ones, with the separate zippered organizer for cash & credit cards, attached to the outside of the bag. However, finding a new one below $50 could be a challenge. I would strongly suggest eBay (new and used items), your local thrift shops, Goodwill & Salvation Army stores, local online Facebook garage sales, etc. Due to needing to replace my entire wardrobe this season, I discovered thrift shops. I now have a beautiful closet full of Ann Taylor, J.Jill, J Crew, Talbot's, and Coldwater Creek jackets, sweaters, tops and blouses - all in impeccable condition and obtained for a small fraction of even their lowest retail sales price, particularly when combined with Senior and other pop-up discounts offered by the thrift shops.
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Esteemed Contributor

I concur ~ Tignanello.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

I suggest Travelon crossbody bags. You can get a larger bag and it will still be lightweight because they are nylon. Most are under $50.

Super Contributor
On 12/16/2014 Rtmom said: I sincerely wish that there were more selection here or anywhere else for these bags. Because of needing to use a cane walking, they are the only alternative. Being on a fixed income I will spend no more than $50. and expect that bag to last. It must also be organized. If that makes me an odd duck, so be it.

You should check on Amazon. Last year I found a great bag there. Perfect size. I don't reall what I paid for it - but it wasn't expensive.

Valued Contributor
I also would check out the Travelon bags. Very nice bags for not a lot of money.
Trusted Contributor

I only wear cross body bags and like lightweight durable bags. I have started buying Kipling bags. I get them at Macy's during One Day sales and other sale days. I also use Macy's coupons when I purchase them so I have gotten some really great deals. Another brand that is good is Baggallini. HTH!

Respected Contributor

I LOVE this Vera Bradley on and regular price it is $45. You can get them on sale off and on all the time.

The black would be better for winter, but it is $65.

It is very light weight and very organized. It has a built in wallet and a slip pocket in th back big enough to hold my Samsung Note 3 phone (which is big). It holds a lot for it's size.

Regular Contributor

There are more choices out there in the marketplace for light weight cross body bags - than ever before. Travelon, Baggalini, Vera Bradley - some of the best light weight x body bags out there.

Super Contributor

I agree-I wanted a smaller cross body bag with attached wallet organization. I got one last year from Tignanello-perfect for me 10x7x2. But found a better one on Ebags--Baggalini same size as the Tig just lighter weight and organization. And many colors. 40.00 --shipping was 4.98. In the winter when wearing coats etc who need a giant heavy bag. Baggalini is highly rated and holds everything I carry.