Trusted Contributor

G.I.L.I. Leather Stirrup Leather Hobo

I like the smaller version. It's very Gucciesque in appearance?? A couple of months ago, I had the chance to attend a Great charity event. They had 2 Gucci bags that were available for bid. Both were valued at $6900.00 I think they both sold at around $7400.00 No, I was Not a bidder!
Honored Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Leather Stirrup Leather Hobo

I missed the show, but have it on DVR--they offered yet another GILI handbag tonight!?! Yes, it is def inspired by Gucci, and gorgeous! Looks like Q moved up offer dates for as many GILI bags as they could while Lisa was still available-5 new handbag items or more just in last couple of weeks seems rushed.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

SUSHE39-did you buy the smaller GILI hobo? Hope those that purchased post reviews. This handbag is gorgeous!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

No, I have to but the brakes on bag buying, for a good while. I'll keep an eye on it, though ,ver pretty bag. Going to my Sister's in Portland, over Christmas. No doubt we'll hit the Coach Outlet's and retail store, just for the fun of looking. I do not need more bags, right now. I do need to replace a vacuum, my older laptop,and, I want the new iPhone 6plus! Sooooooooo, bags will have to wait, dang it!
Honored Contributor

I understand---practicing restraint on ""self-gifting"" until the post holiday sales are launched is underway for me too. I hope to pick up a few more GILI bags on clearance. Portland Oregon-no sales tax state? I traveled there frequently during a 3 yr period for business and took advantage of great shopping supplemented by the no sales tax policy. Love Coach. Hope you find some goodies Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

OK, I got this in the black hornback and it is perfect. At least perfect for me. It came today. I unpacked and loaded it up right away this evening. It holds my workout shoes, workout clothes, wallet, and two FitMark rectangular food containers, without looking industrial. The croco has a lot of structure. It stands up on its own. It truly is a medium sized bag and actually looks rather trim but still holds a lot. I'm really fickle about my bags, but this one seems to be a keeper. A couple of months ago I bought my first Brahmin bag, and realized how wonderful a high quality croco bag could be. Since then, I added a Brahmin ladylike bag, a Brahmin backpack/sling, an Alberta di Canio bucket bag, a Gianni Notaro backpack (the one that the GILI backpack imitates), and a really used Dooney croco double pocket zip sac - all from eBay. With each new purchase, I sold another bag and a pair of shoes or boots from my closet. I think I have the perfect mix now, and this bag will be staying in that mix. I am up to seven bags, two more than I wanted to have, but I love them all.

I don't recall where I saw the remark, but I remember that one GILI handbag buyer remarked that the quality of the higher priced GILI bags seems to be consistently better than the price of the lower priced ones. I would have to agree. This bag was perfect right out of the box, and it doesn't have that overabundance of edge sealant that might create problems in the future.

(ETA: I'm going to have to sell a lot of things to pay for this baby, but it is worth it!)

Trusted Contributor

I bought the smaller GILI hobo. I finally got a GILI bag that I like. It isn't too large for me (although it's not small). I got the black hornback. It's the black bag I always dreamed of - sophisticated and the black is so rich. I only wish it had a long strap, but I'll do without. I'm always too late on Lisa's popular items, but I had this ordered before the presentation. The hornback pattern is so much nicer than the regular croc patterns out there. It will hold a lot.

Trusted Contributor

Nice to see good reviews. I'm definitely keeping this bag on my wishlist! I just saw, on the Coach sale, a bag I've wanted, for a long time, is on the sale. It's a Madison Turnlock Hobo, in olive green. Still over$300, a nice reduction from $458, but, I'm bag budgeted out, right now. Ah well!
Honored Contributor

Favorite Son & misschristy-congrats on picking up a fab handbag! Appreciate your reviews. It's on my wish list...

Regular Contributor

For those of you who received the Black Hornback, can you please tell me in your opinion how this bag would fare if it did indeed get caught in the rain. Do you think the leather would hold up? Do you think it would bleed?

And, do you think this will really soften?

Thank you for your help.