Honored Contributor

Has anyone noticed almost all of the Maxx New York handbags

have been removed from clearance and are offered at the regular price? Christmas scam, or a return of the brand?

Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone noticed almost all of the Maxx New York handbags

When Maxx was offered, I purchased quite a few bags and just loved them. They also,had huge displays at my local Bloomingdales and Macy's and were very popular there. Maxx was a very viable QVC brand, wonder what happened.
Super Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a Christmas scam. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} It seems the Q is doing the same with the BMak bags -- I think the "retro movement" (things from the past that consumers liked) is alive and well on the Q, and they want to unload their old inventory on unsuspecting buyers.

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 maryebrown said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a Christmas scam. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} It seems the Q is doing the same with the BMak bags -- I think the "retro movement" (things from the past that consumers liked) is alive and well on the Q, and they want to unload their old inventory on unsuspecting buyers.

This is my thought as well.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

QVC is in the business of selling products. That is the one and only reason they exist.It is their job and their responsibility to their shareholders to make the most amount of money they can on the sale of a product. Why is it a scam to you when they do that? No one is making you buy anything from them. People here tend to think QVC is something other than what they are. they are not a TV show or your friends - they are a STORE - and an expensive one at that. It is their job to SELL stuff to make money.

Honored Contributor

There was a Maxx bag this morning that Pat and Jayne showed. I haven't seen one on air in a long time.

I don't understand how something can be marked down and then they jack the price up again.

Honored Contributor

Yea, it's a game... Maybe not a scam, but the Q (and yes, we all get that they're about making money, most retail is...) is playing their see-saw pricing games once again...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 12/12/2014 brii said:

There was a Maxx bag this morning that Pat and Jayne showed. I haven't seen one on air in a long time.

I don't understand how something can be marked down and then they jack the price up again.

Have you never been to Kohls? Their prices go up and down daily.

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 okiebug said:
On 12/12/2014 brii said:

Have you never been to Kohls? Their prices go up and down daily.

Not clearance items.

Super Contributor

Wow haven't seen that plexi tote in years. The reviews for the bag are from 2007. I'm surprised they still had it in the wearhouse. I would have thought it would have made it to one of the outlet stores by now. It is a cute purse though.

A58291