Respected Contributor

I am so tired of the Dooney & Bourke debate of whether or not it is considered a designer brand and

who would be embarrassed to carry one. If you like a handbag, buy it!!!!!

But, the Joy & Inman brand.....NO WAY!!!!!!!

You couldn't pay me to carry that nameplate.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am so tired of the Dooney & Bourke debate of whether or not it is considered a designer brand and

Dooney clearly isn't up there with 'couture' names like Prada or Chanel or even higher end retail brands like Marc Jacobs and so on, but, to me, it IS a nicer brand, and there is a WORLD of difference between Dooney and the stuff Joy and Iman are selling.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Re: I am so tired of the Dooney & Bourke debate of whether or not it is considered a designer brand and

There is a debate about that? I don't care what others think about my purses... In fact, a few of my co-workers complemented me on my GILI handbags.

And I saw a few co-workers carrying a Dooney. I don't think those who don't have a Dooney, appreciate it much. Some of them can be Coach ladies, or non-leather purses ladies...to each their own Smiley Happy

All I care about really is so others around me don't carry the exact same bag I have! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Isn't it all relative? Some women consider it a "fancy brand." If you never spend that much on a bag, it's a big deal to buy a Dooney. Then there are those who look down their nose. DB is known as an "aspirational luxury brand." Nice, but not on the level of Prada, LV, Gucci or Chanel. Iman is not a designer brand, just an in-house brand developed by HSN with a celebrity hawking it. Not a designer brand at all. Others love it.

. In the end, buy what you love and don't pay attention to people who criticize your choices. It's your money-- not theirs Some women have nothing better to do but attack others.

Valued Contributor

I will buy a GUCCI or Prada, or maybe Christian Dior even, when I can afford an Alfa Romeo and a $1,000,000+ house {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Otherwise, my clothes won't match the bag..... but that's just me.

Respected Contributor

On 12/9/2014 tough_kitty said:

I will buy a GUCCI or Prada, or maybe Christian Dior even, when I can afford an Alfa Romeo and a $1,000,000+ house {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Otherwise, my clothes won't match the bag..... but that's just me.

Well said!

Super Contributor

Let's be real, many women cannot or will not spend almost $400 on a handbag, and owning a D&B bag would be considered luxury to them. D&B are designer bags, and are not cheap. Coach, D&B and MK offer beautiful bags that are more easily acquired then Prada, Gucci ect.

I have a D&B and it is beautiful, and I get many compliments on it. I also get compliments on my Michael Kors handbag. But to be honest, I see gorgeous bags at Marshall's and, some people may look down on those.

Buy what you can afford and like, and who cares about the D&B debate!

Honored Contributor

It USED to be a more high-end, quality, exclusive brand than it is now when most of the people traipsing into Wal Mart have one.

Honored Contributor

I buy bags I like. What others' think about it has no impact on my purchase.

Honored Contributor

On 12/9/2014 tough_kitty said:

LOL my dad had an alpha romeo when I was a kid. But there sure weren't million dollar houses or LV bags to be seen.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval