Super Contributor

Can you find higher-end bags at TJ Maxx/Marshalls, etc?

Just curious as to what some of the best name-brands are that you've seen in the purse/luggage area at a discount chain store?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Can you find higher-end bags at TJ Maxx/Marshalls, etc?

Occasionally in TJ's/Marshalls I've seen Brahmin. That's my high end bag of choice. Do you mean super high end?

Esteemed Contributor

Chanel - No

Michael Kors, Dooney and Coach - Too much

It also depends on the neighborhood you go to. I used to go to the Marshall's in Norwalk, CA because it was near my job. Very bad neighborhood, but great designers.

I now live in one of the wealthiest counties on the East Coast and the TJ Maxx near me has junk.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I regularly see very nice brands at most of the TJ Maxx stores in my area and occasionally at Marshall's too. Most are not true 'high end' brands, but even those show up occasionally, especially in the Maxx stores that feature a 'runway' section.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It depends on the Marshall's/JT Maxx you shop in. They aren't all created equal. If you go to one of the nicer ones; the bigger ones; you can almost always find upscale designer bags, especially Michael Kors bags. I don't recall the brand but once I did find an absolutely gorgeous bag at Marshall's for $1999.00. I fell in love with that bag! It was my dream bag, I imagined all my friends drooling over my bag. It was more than I wanted to spend but I decided to treat myself because I work hard. I got up to the cash register, pulled out my credit card and the sale would not go through. The sales associate tried three times. She was getting frustrated and I was terrifed because I thought someone must have got hold of my credit card number charged stuff to it.....because I certainly had room for $199.99 bag on it! That's when the sales associate informed me that the bag was $1999.99. And I certainly didn't have room on my card for that! So....I think I mumbled "sorry" and then I slunk out the door.....lol

Super Contributor

On 11/24/2014 chrystaltree said:

It depends on the Marshall's/JT Maxx you shop in. They aren't all created equal. If you go to one of the nicer ones; the bigger ones; you can almost always find upscale designer bags, especially Michael Kors bags. I don't recall the brand but once I did find an absolutely gorgeous bag at Marshall's for $1999.00. I fell in love with that bag! It was my dream bag, I imagined all my friends drooling over my bag. It was more than I wanted to spend but I decided to treat myself because I work hard. I got up to the cash register, pulled out my credit card and the sale would not go through. The sales associate tried three times. She was getting frustrated and I was terrifed because I thought someone must have got hold of my credit card number charged stuff to it.....because I certainly had room for $199.99 bag on it! That's when the sales associate informed me that the bag was $1999.99. And I certainly didn't have room on my card for that! So....I think I mumbled "sorry" and then I slunk out the door.....lol

Whoa..I had no idea those stores would have ANYthing pushing $2k!

Super Contributor

I always end up going on the weekend and it's too crazed. I need to just go on my lunch break during the week to see what they carry at the one near me. Thanks for weighing in. Had no idea they might carry Coach, MK and Dooney.

Frequent Contributor

Occasionally I see high end purses in my local TJ Maxx, however, they do on their website.

Honored Contributor

On 11/24/2014 MandySays said:

I always end up going on the weekend and it's too crazed. I need to just go on my lunch break during the week to see what they carry at the one near me. Thanks for weighing in. Had no idea they might carry Coach, MK and Dooney.

The ones near me ALWAYS have MK and lots of it... Coach and Dooney are a bit more an occasional thing, though lately I'm seeing quite a few Coach bags at the local Marshall's and Maxx stores. I also see quite a few Lauren bags at these stores, and other nice brands too.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I'm on the lookout for a great, larger bag that can be a handbag or crossbody. I'm just want something quality that won't break the bank. I love the idea of finding one this way and falling in love with it. I'm all good on my smaller bags (12" long).