Regular Contributor

GILI Madison Watch what you buy!

I Purchased the GILI Madison bag in ostrich. I had the Roma 2 and never had the opportunity to carry it, so I sold it on EBAY and decided to put the money towards the Madison because I loved the style.

I got it Saturday Morning and went back the same day.

The ostrich had paint streaks all over the front of the bag, paint OFF the raised dots instead of on the dots, and just awful looking! Also so many creases in the leather, I could not stand it!

Now I am sorry I sold my Roma 2 ostrich, that bag was perfect!

Honored Contributor

Re: GILI Madison Watch what you buy!

I returned mine in olive fairly quickly too. I thought it was a beautiful, nicely made bag, but there was a large prominent spot where the color had become saturated to the point of it looking like a stain.

We're always hearing that the company making these bags also makes them for 'high end' bag companies... If so, then why are there such persistent issues with this line of bags? Overall, I'm happy with my Roma bags, but it does seem that every time a new GILI bag hits the streets there are at least a handful of problems cited. Maybe, given the volume, there really aren't that many. I don't know, and then maybe some folks like to jump on them because they are GILI, but a little more quality control across the board would be a good thing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

Re: GILI Madison Watch what you buy!

Hi Stevie B

I agree with you. It was really disappointing to get the bag and have all that wrong with it.

I might try it again, we'll see