Honored Contributor

The new quilted Travelon bag

I was determined to not buy another purse but this one really got me. I got rid of another old purse from my collection to make room for it - as I promised myself i would do so. I got it in the teal as I liked the idea of a nice color for an everyday bag. Of course, as all the new travelon, it has the antitheft features.

Apparently, this bag is very popular as it is in advanced order and selling out. The new travelon is a much improved product - love the new polyester fabric that feels like a twill or a ribbed faille.

This one also comes with a RFID wallet so the price is phenomenal.

Respected Contributor

Re: The new quilted Travelon bag

I guess you're talking about the Travelon bag shown last night? I ordered black even though I really don't need it.

It looked nice to me, especially for traveling and shopping. Mine won't ship until 12/5, hoping it will be shipped sooner.

I liked all the colors. Hoping this will be a keeper.

Honored Contributor

I like nylon bags for the summer, and that Travelon is very nice. I usually go for the Baggallini International collection.

I'd really love to see one of these nylon bag companies do a satchel.

Honored Contributor

I thought about it, but didn't like that the main entrance to the bag was by that fold-over zipper.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I cannot recommend the anti-theft bags enough. I purchased one prior to a trip to Italy and in Rome our group was swarmed by pickpockets. These are packs of children trained to steal. One girl was stymied by my bag. A man in my group had a similar bag but did not close the anti=theft zippers and they got into his bag. For some reason certain men always think they will never get pickpocketed matter how many times they are warned. Another man had his wallet stolen out of his front pocket exactly where he as advised not to carry it. I always carry this bag on trips and used anti=theft covers on all my credit cards and passport.

Frequent Contributor

I want the burgundy although I don't need another Travelon bag. I am only able to use crossbody bags and I love the Travelons because they are light and well organized.

Honored Contributor

I thought they had a TSV coming up. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I think someone posted about it. I recently got their crossbody - for traveling only - and I think it will be great. The one I got is F11689. I guess some posters don't like it because the pockets in front don't zip, but I think it's perfect for my needs, and the gold color is really pretty. Smile

Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 stevieb said:

I thought about it, but didn't like that the main entrance to the bag was by that fold-over zipper.

Same for me, stevieb. I loved the quilting, but that fold-over zipper opening made it a no-go. Of course, I am secretly relieved because I really do not have room for any more handbags! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

Same for me, stevieb. I loved the quilting, but that fold-over zipper opening made it a no-go. Of course, I am secretly relieved because I really do not have room for any more handbags! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

EEL, we're hopeless...

And really. I need this bag, why?!!! Still, it got me looking at the brand and I did rather like this one... Same price, not as many colors and the choices were sort of blah, no free wallet... Oh well.

Wink

Travelon Anti-Theft Crossbody Bag with RFID Protection

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

EEL, we're hopeless...

And really. I need this bag, why?!!! Still, it got me looking at the brand and I did rather like this one... Same price, not as many colors and the choices were sort of blah, no free wallet... Oh well.

Wink

Travelon Anti-Theft Crossbody Bag with RFID Protection

We ARE hopeless, stevieb!!! Oooh, I like the color of this bag you posted...

So I have told myself I can't watch QVC tonight (cooking anyway -- yuck) so I don't shop. I just thought I would check around on these forums and found a thread about Valerie's Christmas dishes and really liked them!! A nice poster found them on Overstock.com on sale so guess who has three sets coming her way?? What will Mr. Lily say?? Oh man. Well, we didn't have Christmas dishes and these seemed to be a good deal...and they are pretty...and I am pretty HOPELESS...{#emotions_dlg.unsure}