Frequent Contributor

How do I train my GILI HOBO bag??

I have seen on GILI presentations Lisa Robertson go into detail about "how to train your GILI HOBO bag". I never paid attention as I don't care for HOBO bags. I was just given a GILI HOBO ostrich bag. I really like it so far, it's still in dust bag Smiley Happy and it is square. I would love it if someone could tell me how "train" it to slouch in the middle properly.

Thanks,

jude in denver

Respected Contributor

Re: How do I train my GILI HOBO bag??

I would suggest putting your stuff in it and go! I did that with both my Roma 2 bags and they are gorgeous. I have never ever had to ""train"" a bag!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

The video said put a water bottle in your bag and hang it on a door knob for a couple of days. I did that with the blush Roma 2 I bought in the summer. I didn't do it with the black one I bought a month ago, I just put all my "stuff" in the bag and I let train itself.

Trusted Contributor

Technically Jacie is correct. It's really just getting it broken in so it fits your body better, etc.

Someone actually did a youtube and showed how hers now looks and how the zipper works since she hung it on a door knob with three 32oz bottles in it. I think she did it overnight to one of the ostrich Milanos.

Others just massage it when they have the chance to keep softening it up. I did that with my Roma 2 Natural Ostrich.

Those that have "broken it in" say the zippers work fine and aren't wavy once the leather stretches. Give it some time Smiley Wink

To anyone who says we shouldn't have to "train it" or "break it in" I say that for the price and all the leather we are getting I can train mine a little bit Smiley Wink As long as the bag looks good and lasts at least a couple of years I'm happy. I won't spend thousands on a bag just so it's already perfectly soft and hangs just the way I want.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Respected Contributor

Reward it with treats every time it follows the command?

Contributor

Super Contributor

On 11/6/2014 KJPA said:

Technically Jacie is correct. It's really just getting it broken in so it fits your body better, etc.

Someone actually did a youtube and showed how hers now looks and how the zipper works since she hung it on a door knob with three 32oz bottles in it. I think she did it overnight to one of the ostrich Milanos.

Others just massage it when they have the chance to keep softening it up. I did that with my Roma 2 Natural Ostrich.

Those that have "broken it in" say the zippers work fine and aren't wavy once the leather stretches. Give it some time Smiley Wink

To anyone who says we shouldn't have to "train it" or "break it in" I say that for the price and all the leather we are getting I can train mine a little bit Smiley Wink As long as the bag looks good and lasts at least a couple of years I'm happy. I won't spend thousands on a bag just so it's already perfectly soft and hangs just the way I want.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA, I'd like to see this video, can you provide a link? I tried searching but only got Q videos on the bags. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I understand there's a boarding school for them in New England, but it's very competitive and sort of pricey...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Reward it with treats every time it follows the command?

Positive reinforcement works.

Super Contributor

On 11/6/2014 stevieb said:

I understand there's a boarding school for them in New England, but it's very competitive and sort of pricey...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.lol}