Super Contributor

GILI MILANO hobo in brown snake - any reviews? Please help.

I just received my first GILI bag in the brown snake I really like the design and color and weight of bag. However it did not smell like leather. It feels smooth to touch. I noticed the bottom had one small scale that looked like it was hanging half off the bag. Not noticeable, unless you look close. Has anyone any reviews of this bag? Is it the same material as the cream snake? Has anyone had problems with previous snake print bag with GILI like the ROMA tote? I hope this bag scales do not come off. I am wondering if I should return this. I did not see many reviews on snake pattern. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: GILI MILANO hobo in brown snake - any reviews? Please help.

I have one on check status and I'm waiting for reviews, too. I'm wondering if not that many people ordered because of the problems with the ROMA II. Although the cream snake flew out the door.

Valued Contributor

I got the brown snake and I love it. Didn't notice any issues with it and it's my first snake bag, so sorry I cannot be of much help. But the bag is pretty and I'm keeping it. At least till Jan 31 Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I have it and Love it.

Valued Contributor

I am hoping it is beautiful. Lisa said the embossing was done on suede, so I do not expect it to have the feel of a stiffer leather. Is the purse overall good looking?

Valued Contributor

On 10/31/2014 ssssgirl said:

I am hoping it is beautiful. Lisa said the embossing was done on suede, so I do not expect it to have the feel of a stiffer leather. Is the purse overall good looking?

Yes! The bag is beautiful, especially with the gold hardware. If you like brown bags, you will absolutely love it! It puddles so it doesn't look too big, comparing to stiff croco or ostrich bags. I don't mind the fact that it puddles, I actually like it this way but I know some ladies can't deal with this kind of bags.
Valued Contributor

On 10/31/2014 tough_kitty said:

Yes! The bag is beautiful, especially with the gold hardware. If you like brown bags, you will absolutely love it! It puddles so it doesn't look too big, comparing to stiff croco or ostrich bags. I don't mind the fact that it puddles, I actually like it this way but I know some ladies can't deal with this kind of bags.

Thank You, I do not mind the puddling, I use a purse organizer (NOT Lori Grieniers, one that is longer to fit better) in my larger softer bags. I just was hoping it looked as good in person as it did on TV and by the sound of it, it does.

Super Contributor

I'm so happy to see the favorable reviews for the brown snake. I decided to switch from the natural ostrich to the brown snake and have been worried that I made a mistake. (Have actually been worried about it all week). :/ Hope that some other ladies that have received this bag will chime in. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

I heard her say that too and it made me wonder how well the print (snake design) will remain adhered to the suede. I'd be concerned with the pattern lifting since suede is textured and not flat. Has anyone ever had a painted suede item? If so, how did it wear? TIA

btw, I'm assuming the design is painted on but I could be wrong...if I am and someone else knows how the design was made on the suede please correct my post. Thanks

Respected Contributor

I think that the same process was used for the brown snake and for the cream snake Roma 2. Perhaps someone who has had the Roma 2 in cream snake can weigh on in how well it is performing. It's been several months now since it first aired.