Regular Contributor

My grey GILI Milano is "out for delivery." I am so excited! I can't wait to receive this bag! Plus the fact that I'm working from home today, I should have that box opened within minutes of being delivered.

Trusted Contributor
Hi Make-up LVR, I can feel your excitement ! My grey/ taupe ostrich is out for delivery too but UPS gets to me about 5 pm PST. I am only hoping my DH doesn't get home before my bag does ! I can't wait to get mine and am hoping it's a perfect bag without any issues. I liked the taupe/ grey color so I am looking forward to receiving it. I hope yours is perfect and you love it. Please post back your first impressions when you get yours.
Regular Contributor

Hi Anisha, I am such a dope.... I completely forgot that I ordered the Oryany medium ruby in before ordering the GILI. So I actually received my Oryany bag today! I love it a lot. Still waiting for my GILI. Let me know how you like yours.

Honored Contributor

I hope it doesn't have a bad smell when you get it.

Trusted Contributor
Hi Make-up LVR, I received my Grey/ taupe ostrich late last evening and couldn't open the box till late at night . Had Halloween stuff to do for the twins parade this morning and the party after. I was dying to get to the box and coaxing everyone to go to bed so I could do so in peace and quiet. I must say I LOVE the bag ! It's beautiful, not a mushroom , not completely grey but an in between color that is rich and the leather is supple( softer than my Roma 2 ivory ostrich). The zippers work well in either direction and the bag drapes well . When I first took it out of the box, it looked huge with all the stuffing inside, but once I had taken out the stuffing , it looked fine. The short handle stays on the shoulder and is comfortable and once on the shoulder, the bag has a nice " sliuchiness" and looks like a lovely hobo. It also makes the bag seem smaller once on. I am petite and it does not overwhelm my tiny frame. I hated the crossbody strap just hanging and have detached it. The bag looks nicer to me this way. I will keep the long strap in the bag for times when I may need it. The tassel is just a smidge lighter in colt but not a noticeable color difference once on the bag. The ostrich print hMas no smears ( I was anxious about that). All in all, a perfect bag. I don't even have to train this one, it is soft enough and it will soften further with use. I can't wait to get my black and natural ostrich and I am thinking about the nude ostrich ( will be in so much trouble if DH finds out I got so many bags !! ) . I was on waitlist fir the cream snake but cancelled it, I like the look of the ostrich and structure better. I know the black will be slouchy in comparison and will puddle but I loved the contrast handles and don't have a big black bag for travel, so that's my justification for that one. Make-up LVR, I hope you get your grey/ taupe soon and it is perfect. P.S. No offending smell in the bag, just the smell of new leather.
Regular Contributor
On 10/31/2014 anisha said: Hi Make-up LVR, I received my Grey/ taupe ostrich late last evening and couldn't open the box till late at night . Had Halloween stuff to do for the twins parade this morning and the party after. I was dying to get to the box and coaxing everyone to go to bed so I could do so in peace and quiet. I must say I LOVE the bag ! It's beautiful, not a mushroom , not completely grey but an in between color that is rich and the leather is supple( softer than my Roma 2 ivory ostrich). The zippers work well in either direction and the bag drapes well . When I first took it out of the box, it looked huge with all the stuffing inside, but once I had taken out the stuffing , it looked fine. The short handle stays on the shoulder and is comfortable and once on the shoulder, the bag has a nice " sliuchiness" and looks like a lovely hobo. It also makes the bag seem smaller once on. I am petite and it does not overwhelm my tiny frame. I hated the crossbody strap just hanging and have detached it. The bag looks nicer to me this way. I will keep the long strap in the bag for times when I may need it. The tassel is just a smidge lighter in colt but not a noticeable color difference once on the bag. The ostrich print hMas no smears ( I was anxious about that). All in all, a perfect bag. I don't even have to train this one, it is soft enough and it will soften further with use. I can't wait to get my black and natural ostrich and I am thinking about the nude ostrich ( will be in so much trouble if DH finds out I got so many bags !! ) . I was on waitlist fir the cream snake but cancelled it, I like the look of the ostrich and structure better. I know the black will be slouchy in comparison and will puddle but I loved the contrast handles and don't have a big black bag for travel, so that's my justification for that one. Make-up LVR, I hope you get your grey/ taupe soon and it is perfect. P.S. No offending smell in the bag, just the smell of new leather.

Hi, I got my bag today and it's perfect, no smears, I prefer to wear the short strap on my shoulder as well. It's not quite as soft as I thought it would be, but I hear it will get softer with time. My tassel is a slightly different color than my bag too. I hear one lady say her nude bag looked pink, now I'm curious to see that bag, but will refrain. Glad you love your bag and we have keepers..... Smiley Happy