Valued Contributor

GILI Milano Hobo - Croco - Zipper?

Anyone having difficulty with the zipper on the croco hobo? My leather on the croco is very stiff and the zipper is curvy, so it is a little hard to zip/unzip. I love this bag, and am hoping the leather will soften and that the zipper will get easier to use with time. Anyone else experiencing this?

Valued Contributor

Re: GILI Milano Hobo - Croco - Zipper?

Yep! Exact same thing here. I just got the bag last night so haven't had enough time to play with it, but I did notice the zipper isn't so bad if you don't zip the bag up all the way - leave a little space between the zippers and then the bag looks good. Not ideal solution, but maybe this will change with time....

Super Contributor

Same here - mine is hanging with weights inside right now and I have the top folded to one side. The zippers are straight that way. Waiting to see if the drape holds. I probably will pull the zippers to one side and just use one.

Respected Contributor

If it's a metal zipper you can often ease the problem by rubbing the zipper with waxed paper or a bar of soap or even a white candle. Then work the zipper back and forth.

Valued Contributor

Ladies, is your hornback pattern located in the center of the bag on both sides?? My front side is perfect, however, as EEL pointed out in another thread, the pattern is off on the back side of the bag. Not a very big deal but still.... Was curious if this is consistent throughout the bags?
Super Contributor

The front of mine is perfect it even has the trademark circle (think Brahmin) dead center but the backside of my bag only has the hornback pattern on one side of the seam

Super Contributor

On mine, one side has hornback on both sides of the center seam, the other side has the flatter plates on both sides of the center and the hornback on the sides. Symmetrical on both sides, just reversed.

Valued Contributor

My pattern is centered one side and on the other it is just on one side of the seam.

Respected Contributor

The zipper on my croco is very wavy and impossible to operate. It is definitely going back.

Respected Contributor

Received my purse yesterday and it's packed ready to be returned today.

The zipper is stiff, crooked and cut my hand the first time opening as the "teeth" are sharp. Other things wrong, and it's cheap looking. This is my first GILI and even the dust cover is just awful looking.