Super Contributor

I was surfing the net and was looking at the L.V. website and their purses and I noticed that the Gili Milano looks kind of like the L.V. Selene. IMO anyway.

Super Contributor

Yes, you are correct. A lot of handbag designs (regardless of the designer) are "inspired" by other handbags already on the market. I have not seen a true "new" design in quite some time now, not saying that they don't exist just that I haven't seen many and the few that I have seen are a really weird looking contraptions, lol

Valued Contributor

Wow, thanks for letting us know. The LV Selene bag is beautiful! And the GILI Milano hobo is almost identical in style - contrasting handle, double zipper, and even the seam in the middle of the bag! And I thought it was done to cut costs, LOL.

Can't copy/paste the picture, but here is the link in case someone wants to see it... $4,400!!!

http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/selene-mm-mahina-005100

Super Contributor
On 10/29/2014 tough_kitty said:

Wow, thanks for letting us know. The LV Selene bag is beautiful! And the GILI Milano hobo is almost identical in style - contrasting handle, double zipper, and even the seam in the middle of the bag! And I thought it was done to cut costs, LOL.

Can't copy/paste the picture, but here is the link in case someone wants to see it... $4,400!!!

http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/selene-mm-mahina-005100

Regular Contributor

Wow. Right down to the seam that some say you would never find on a high end bag.

Trusted Contributor

Wow is right! It really is very similar. We have very expensive taste ladies!!

KJPA
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting the pic, rdiazMiami! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor
On 10/29/2014 KJPA said:

Wow is right! It really is very similar. We have very expensive taste ladies!!

Expensive taste on a budget!

Contributor
Wow. Thanks for the info, plc123. I know Lisa takes her inspirations from high end items. I have to say, I like my GILI grey ostrich version much better! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor
On 10/29/2014 Krissie22 said:

Wow. Right down to the seam that some say you would never find on a high end bag. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Yes, this LV handbag does look like the inspiration for the Milano, down to the intricate details! I love the grey/taupe ostrich-gorgeous!!! Just transferred the contents from my black Roma2 to the Milano---she is now ready for her test drive ;-)

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri