Super Contributor

I got my grey Milano bag and it is NOT grey at all. That is what I wanted - a grey bag. It is a beautiful taupey brown. I do not need or want a brownish bag. It is kind of stiff which will loosen up w/ wear. The zippers are not super smooth so getting in and out of the bag requires you to almost set it down and if you do not open them up wide enough it is harder to get to of your bag. That to may improve with wearing it in. The size is big but not overwhellming- it does lay to the body very nicely. It is very pretty. I wish Lisa would have said on her FB page that is it NOT grey at all - she did said taupey grey taupey brown. But never did she say it is NOT grey at all and if you are wanting grey this is not for you. She corrects wrong color names all the time on air w/ clothing. So it is going back- waitl ist ladies think about if you want a brownish bag - I am not even sure if it is wait listed. It was the first to sell out and I am thinking the returns will be high as well due to the name of the color of it is so wrong!!

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry you didn't like it. I was also disappointed in the color but still like it enough to keep it. I got it late yesterday, so I was going to see if it looked more grey in the daylight. I think a lot of ladies will be disappointed and send it back. I'm glad that you posted to warn others. It is a lovely "non-grey" purse!

Honored Contributor

I too am sorry for anyone disappointed by the color. To be sure, not everyone was advised of the taupe-grey tone of the bag, but it was discussed quite a bit here in several posts and Lisa did note in advance that the bag was a taupe-grey and not a true grey. Personally, while I didn't order this option I do like the color of the bag, but understand those seeking a grey bag might not be satisfied.

Even though I ordered two of this bag, and have actively participated in the discussions, I'll personally be sort of glad to see the chatter about the GILI hobo slack off... This has now been virtually the only topic of discussion in 'handbags' now for days!

Now, about my new evergreen Pulicati satchel...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor
On 10/29/2014 stevieb said:

I too am sorry for anyone disappointed by the color. To be sure, not everyone was advised of the taupe-grey tone of the bag, but it was discussed quite a bit here in several posts and Lisa did note in advance that the bag was a taupe-grey and not a true grey. Personally, while I didn't order this option I do like the color of the bag, but understand those seeking a grey bag might not be satisfied.

Even though I ordered two of this bag, and have actively participated in the discussions, I'll personally be sort of glad to see the chatter about the GILI hobo slack off... This has now been virtually the only topic of discussion in 'handbags' now for days!

Wink

Sounds lovely!

Last night, I switched from my Rebecca Minkoff M.A.B. mini (python color-block):

to my MK Bedford Large Bowling satchel (tangerine):

Contributor
I ordered the grey and received it yesterday. I wrote on another thread that I absolutely love this bag. I think grey comes in many different tones. I consider this bag to be grey, and others consider it a taupe or a brown. I will say that my grey bag looks EXACLTY like it is depicted in the "inspiration and features" video on the product page and also the various pictures posted on LR's Facebook page. I don't think the video or pictures are misleading. I am very happy with the leather, hardware (zipper is very pretty) and the seaming on the body of bag. The single strap is great also. I am considering another color. I was one of the unfortunate people to order the Roma with the cracking handles. I feel the Milano is a huge improvement. Great bag for my taste.
Honored Contributor
On 10/29/2014 rdiazMiami said:
On 10/29/2014 stevieb said:

Wink

Sounds lovely!

Last night, I switched from my Rebecca Minkoff M.A.B. mini (python color-block):

to my MK Bedford Large Bowling satchel (tangerine):

Both great bags, RD! I toyed with going into my new GILI Roma II in orange, because, well, I love orange and it is seasonal, but have had this dark green number just laying around now for a few weeks and am in love with both the look and the leather, which is a rather sumptuous pebble grain. I might switch out of it for just the next couple of days into another orange bag I have and love that's smaller than the Roma, though the orange is a more muted shade...

And by the way, although my black has not yet arrived, once it does, I'm setting both GILI hobos aside for a few days and then will look at both of them again with fresh eyes untainted by rose colored glasses to decide if I truly love these bags enough to keep them both... Frankly, by comparison to my new green bag, which actually cost less, I am seeing a number of downsides and have decided it'll be wise to let the new bag afterglow subside before making a final, and pricey, decision...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I ordered the gray ostrich and the brown snake.....have yet to receive them, but based on reviews, even if the color is a mushroom taupey color I will be okay with it, if its not clearly gray that won't be the deal breaker. The deal breaker will be if I decide I don't like the quality of the bag.

Super Contributor
On 10/29/2014 erica g said:

I ordered the gray ostrich and the brown snake.....have yet to receive them, but based on reviews, even if the color is a mushroom taupey color I will be okay with it, if its not clearly gray that won't be the deal breaker. The deal breaker will be if I decide I don't like the quality of the bag.

erica g, I got a good look at my grey ostrich in the morning light and it is not gray. I wore a gray shirt to compare. I set the purse down on my kitchen table and had breakfast with it. It is a beautiful purse and I am keeping it. It definitely is a mushroom taupe. It still looks nice with my gray shirt, and will look good with beige and brown too. Actually I think it will work with almost everything. It just was quite a surprise to find that it wasn't grey- being that it was called grey ostrich. And many of the photos on Lisa's facebook page made it look a lot lighter. They have it for sale on ebay and it looks quite grey in the pictures.

I think you will really like it if you don't have your heart set on it being grey.

Super Contributor
On 10/29/2014 MsTrixi said:
On 10/29/2014 erica g said:

erica g, I got a good look at my grey ostrich in the morning light and it is not gray. I wore a gray shirt to compare. I set the purse down on my kitchen table and had breakfast with it. It is a beautiful purse and I am keeping it. It definitely is a mushroom taupe. It still looks nice with my gray shirt, and will look good with beige and brown too. Actually I think it will work with almost everything. It just was quite a surprise to find that it wasn't grey- being that it was called grey ostrich. And many of the photos on Lisa's facebook page made it look a lot lighter. They have it for sale on ebay and it looks quite grey in the pictures.

I think you will really like it if you don't have your heart set on it being grey.

MsTrixi, thanks for your review.....I think I am going to like it when it FINALLY makes its way to California. Since the color gray (is it or isn't it gray) won't be a deal breaker for me. I am excited to get it!!!! I am already embracing the fact that its going to be taupey!!!

Super Contributor

lovely..