Trusted Contributor

LADIES WHO RECEIVED THE BLACK GILI MILANO BAG PLEASE HELP

I just received mine and I think the handle was put on wrong. The handle's leather on the top is overlapped where you can see the seam and has heavy black stitching, whereas on the underside, it is smooth with no overlap and the stitching is the same color as the ostrich handle. It just doesn't look right. It looks like it was put on the wrong side, it just can't be right because the other side is so smooth. Can you ladies who received this bag tell me what your handle looks like before I call CS and tell them about this. Thank you so much.
Super Contributor

Re: LADIES WHO RECEIVED THE BLACK GILI MILANO BAG PLEASE HELP

Picture on the Q:

Hope this helps...

Contributor

Well I don't have the black yet, I got my grey ostrich today and my handle sounds the same as yours. Overlapped on top and smooth side underneath. I think it's intentionally that way. Hope this helps!!
Respected Contributor

I haven't received mine yet, but believe that's the way it's supposed to be. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks very much for the pic but it really looks like it's wrong. The underside is smooth with no seam like most handles on bags. I just can't believe they made it that way. I wonder if all the other colors handles were put on the same way. Thanks again. I appreciate it.
Super Contributor

I'm assuming the underside is smooth so that it can lay comfortably on the shoulder...

Trusted Contributor

Thanks ladies, I just thought I might have received a defective one, especially since the crossbody strap isn't like that. So then it seems they're all the same. I must say this leather is so soft, it really is like butter. It's like my cream snake Roma 2 bag which is my favorite, even though the tassel is still shedding months later, unfortunately I had to remove it.
Trusted Contributor

On 10/28/2014 rdiazMiami said:

I'm assuming the underside is smooth so that it can lay comfortably on the shoulder...

Yes that could be but the crossbody doesn't have the seam it's smooth on both sides. Go figure! Lol
Valued Contributor

I just saw a pic of black bag posted by some lady under Lisa's page on FB and it seems like her seam is in the inside of the handle. Check out the 3 last choices pic and comments under it.
Trusted Contributor

On 10/28/2014 tough_kitty said: I just saw a pic of black bag posted by some lady under Lisa's page on FB and it seems like her seam is in the inside of the handle. Check out the 3 last choices pic and comments under it.

</ Unfortunately I'm not on FACEBOOK so I don't think I can look at it. I really do think that it was put on wrong, it just doesn't look right. The one on FACEBOOK probably is the way it's supposed to be if you say the seam is on the inside. I've never seen a big thick seam on top of a handle. Do you know if the ivory's handle is shown and if it is the same way? Thanks so much for your help.