Honored Contributor

My name is Happy Housewife - and I am a purse addict....

I cleaned out my purse bins today and have many in my donate bag. I still have about 15 plus an evening bag and a few small bags that are only for dress occasions. So at this point I have decided to do the if I get a new one in then I have to let one go. I ordered a new Travelon to be my every day purse over this winter because of the anti theft and the anti electronic scanning on it. During the snowbird season here it is so crowded everywhere you go and I think when you get into crowds that is when this stuff most likely happens, so I fell for the hype and will try to protect myself.

Trusted Contributor

Re: My name is Happy Housewife - and I am a purse addict....

?? I have same deal with my daughters if I get rid of some purses I can get more lol so far I donated some and sold like 5 so I think I can at least consider the gili hobo ??
Valued Contributor

15 isn't that many.... I pay a lot of money for my bags, so not ready to donate any of them.... it kind of defeats the purpose of buying them in the first place, in my opinion.....

Honored Contributor

Some of mine I have had for so long they are really no longer stylish so they needed to go. Others just didn't work comfortably for me so I ended up not using them - also a good reason to donate. A few i threw away because they were just getting ratty looking. One Tig bag the magnet no longer works so it won't stay closed. I had a valid reason to get rid of every one of them.A couple were so old there is no pocket for a cell phone.

I know many of the purse a holics here have way more than 15 but to me that is a lot - more than actually needed. However, that does cover winter and summer.

Valued Contributor

Oh, OK.....than in that case I wouldn't call you an addict at all Smiley Happy Although, those who carry only one bag at a time until they are ready to switch to a new one may disagree... but comparing to some other handbag addicts, I would not call you one...

I always had 1-2 bags at a time, but after my recent promotion and a raise, I decided to treat myself, and it's hard for me to stop now.....

Esteemed Contributor

I've been very impressed with the Travelon line this year. I purchased one to take on vacation last spring. They're lightweight, have tons of organization, and attractive to boot.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

On 10/24/2014 twopeas said:

I've been very impressed with the Travelon line this year. I purchased one to take on vacation last spring. They're lightweight, have tons of organization, and attractive to boot.

Not to mention the very reasonable price and the antitheft features.

Honored Contributor

While I don't yet own a Travelon bag, I'm in total agreement with Two Peas and the OP that the price and anti-theft protection are making these look like a good buy.

Honored Contributor

I have never been a fashion addict or a MU junkie but purses have been my downfall since I got my first one at about 13 years old. I spent my entire first paycheck when I was 16 on an Ettienne Aigner bag which I still have 49 years later.

Honored Contributor

The travelon I ordered was F11368. I prefer a satchel type bag and this one has a ton of organization. I got the grey.