Valued Contributor

Handbag Lovers/Addicts, how often do you rotate your bags??

With all this GILI hobo madness, and ordering them in multiple quantities, I am really curious, mostly to hear from stevie Wink but other ladies as well -- with "so many" bags in your closet.....how often do you rotate them?

I have somewhere between 10-15 bags now and I am already feeling overwhelmed and don't know how to make sure I use them all! Of course, I have a few favorites...which makes it even more difficult....but I know some of you have 50+ bags, so I was just curious.....How do YOU decide?? {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Trusted Contributor

Re: Handbag Lovers/Addicts, how often do you rotate your bags??

I have maybe a dozen bags, some older, some newer. I probably switch bags every 2-3 months. I have a few seasonal bags. I have one Fossil bag for travel, crossbody with lots of organization. I'm pretty much with you. I feel like I have enough variety. As some bags get older, they'll get replaced.

Esteemed Contributor

It depends where I am going. A bag for all seasons.

Respected Contributor

I change bags by seasons. Usually in October I wear my orange Cole Haan bag, but this year I parade my new Kate Spade pale pink bag. And , hey ,it's a breast cancer awareness month, we all should have pink bags!!!! Soon in November I will switch to the red one that I bought in Florence, then black in January, etc. for special outings I wear my best black Cartier bag.. For travels abroad I use my light, water proof,very pretty Sonia Rykel black bag.for summer travels I have cream white bag from years ago on shopnbc. For work in the summer I use my turquoise blue crocke embose tote by Charlie Lapson by shopnbc. So I do switch a lot.
New Contributor

I have 15 Dooneys, several bags from Coach and I change my bag to coordinate with whatever outfit I'm wearing that day. That means I sometimes change my bag daily; other times one bag might be worn for several days in a row. Confession time, though...I'm a schoolteacher who doesn't wear the exact outfit twice in a school year{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor

I change my bag depending on where I am going out or traveling and sometimes it can be on a weekly basis. I also color coordinate as well. Do what you feel! Just rotate them if you have a lot of them.

Respected Contributor

I usually change handbags about 4 or 5 times a week. I try to coordinate with my clothing and also to give my handbag collection some wear. But I still have handbags that only get worn twice a year.

Super Contributor

I believe a bag is a fashion accessory. What I use depends on what I wear. I usually wear things that go with my bag for several days before I switch. For example, my red Dooney will go with a yellow shirt or all black or even my brown print dress.
Honored Contributor

On 10/22/2014 luvingit said: I believe a bag is a fashion accessory. What I use depends on what I wear. I usually wear things that go with my bag for several days before I switch. For example, my red Dooney will go with a yellow shirt or all black or even my brown print dress.
ITA. Definitely will swap out for seasonal since I have a spring /summer collection that includes Dooney white patent & aqua pebbled totes + Kate Spade straw bags & unique woven straw handbags purchased during a biz trip to The Philippines last year. I also like to swap handbags to coordinate with outfits or the type of jewelry/metal that I'm wearing. And another determining factor is function-crossbody for concerts, festivals, parties or larger satchels & totes for travel. It's fun!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

TK, I'll get back to you on this, but to be really honest, given the volume I'm dealing with, a complete answer will just take more energy than I have to devote to one right now...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...