Respected Contributor

Bow that they have all those dark grey handbags . . .

What colors would go best? This is not about "matchy-matchy."

I do have one question: can you pair camel with dark grety? Thinking of winter coats.

Thanks four your input. Have a great day,

Respected Contributor

Re: Bow that they have all those dark grey handbags . . .

Java: you must have been really tired when you typed this post or your auto-correct is going wild. Smile

In answer to your question, dark grey looks wonderful with camel, tan, cream, all very sophisticated looks. It also goes well with black, red, purple, lighter blues, teal, yellow, orange, white, pink, and bright green. Actually darker grey is a very neutral color. Probably the only colors I wouldn't pair it with are dark browns. But it wouldn't look bad with chestnut or saddle brown or even with navy or dark green.

If matchy-matchy comes back, then we can all go back to wearing black, brown, navy. But in the meantime, and hopefully for a long time, I enjoy the variety of colors when they are coordinated in an outfit. I'm not into the rainbow look. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Respected Contributor

I saw after the fact and couldn't correct it. LOL

Thanks LavJ. Once the cold weather arrives, I think about how a bag is going to look with both my outfit and my outerwear. As long as it doesn't clash.

Will never like bone and black together. I wear tons of black, but my coats are not all black. I think the grey will work then.

Honored Contributor

I have to admit ....... clicked on this thread to figure out what the OP was talking about !!

As for coat and handbag colors ..... how long do you wear your coat at any given time? I always looked for a neutral to go with my regular clothes ... not outerwear.

Just my two cents.

Honored Contributor

Loving the lighter grey bags, but not so much the darker greys... Retail is pretty clearly pushing grey this year. Everybody's got them to sell!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Well, was just wondering. I love the grey bags. Blame the grey thing on "radiant orchid." You must admit, grey and that shade go beautifully together. As for the shade, that depends on the season and or climate.

Most of my bags are black, some shade of blue and red. Most of my clothing is black. I am a New Yorker and that's how that is. But I don't want all my bags to be black. In NYC, most people are pedestrians, so we spend a lot of time in coats and that is where I have more variety. So I don't like my bags to clash with my coat. More specifically, I had my eye on a dark grey Bitsy bag.

Honored Contributor

I was looking for a pair of black sandals (I live in Fl) and fell in love with a pair of Clarks sandals in pewter. So now I figure either wear a black bag or pop with a color like red oif it's appropriate. We went out yesterday and I wore black pants and a red & black print blouse with those pewter shoes and a red purse.