Valued Contributor

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Bridgehampton Lamb Leather Hobo

Wow, it's really pretty! Isaac's first bag that I really like....guess I'm a hobo bag girl at heart. Haha. But I won't get it at a full price Smiley Happy A258761....can someone, please, post a pic? I'm on my tablet.
Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi Live! Bridgehampton Lamb Leather Hobo

TK-Here it is in the peacock and bordeaux colors. Nice!!! I like the expandable zipper design and the peacock color is lovely. What color is of interest to you???

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Thank you, C-girl!!! Smiley Happy I LOVE the peacock since blue is my favorite color and this lamb leather takes the color beautifully, as some hosts like to say Smiley Happy I like the design, the turn-lock and the zipper.... but not too crazy about the way the handles are attached to the bag. So, maybe it's a good thing because it's stopping me from ordering this bag..... but it reminds me of DB Camilla bag.
Valued Contributor

It's pretty. But not $200 pretty..... Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Hi TK and Chi.. I thought it was a lovely, understated bag and liked the hardware, which wasn't as 'in your face' as some other brands... oryany comes to mind... Their huge rings and so on are beginning to be a bit of a deal-breaker for me, along with the too narrow designs. I was also tempted by the Dooney croco satchel shown over the weekend in the light grey color, but couldn't get past the oversized fake lock.

Wink

The Bordeaux really tempted me because I'd been wanting something in that color, but thought in this bag, the black was actually the most stylish. The peakcock was such a pretty color, but I don't need another blue bag at all. Issac's bags are very well made and the leather is typically sumptuous. I backed out of the bag, because I'll wait and see, and while two hundred bucks is two hundred bucks, to me, the price wasn't any more outlandish than what we pay for other bags...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Forgot to add, the one downside for me was I'm getting tired of that zipper detail, though in this case it was to expand the depth of the bag. Getting a little weary of all the bells and whistles (and zippers) being used on bags these days, theoretically as a 'style' or 'design' feature... To me, it' becoming a little trite and predictable. Would have much rather seen this bag simply offered in the 5" depth, without the zippered gusset feature.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

He is a little late with the expandable handbags. Kate Spade had gorgeous ones ""two"" summers ago and they were done right!!! Didnt have that ugly zipper all around the bottom.
Trusted Contributor

I purchased three Isaac bags in the past year and only kept one. The zipper kept jamming on one of them and the leather started peeling on the other within a couple of months, so I got permission to return it as defective. Just an fyi...

Valued Contributor

I actually like that zipper - so I could make the bag smaller when I don't carry a lot of stuff. And I know, I pay way more for a D&B bag....but at least I know the quality is there. I am not so sure about IM's bags and vaccinia just confirmed it for me - thanks the for info. Oryany bags are also expensive and also have issues with zippers, so unfortunately, the quality isn't always there.

Honored Contributor

I would be afraid the zipper would snag fabrics like silk, fine-gauged knits, etc.