Valued Contributor

Now that Lisa Robertson is leaving, do you think the GILI line will continue? Will the TSV on October 27th still be the GILI Hobo or will that change now?

Regular Contributor

I hope it will continue. Lisa has made several references to things that are coming up in the future for GILI, and Katie confirmed on FB that the Roma 3 was coming next year. I guess if GILI disappears, or if someone else is the prime seller for it, then we will know a lot more about what has transpired.

As for the hobo TSV, I'm sure it will air on schedule. They're already made and packaged and ready to ship, plus Lisa is still posting pics of the bag.

Super Contributor

This is just speculation....I think Gili will continue on QVC with Courtney as host.

Trusted Contributor
On 10/10/2014 champagnepoodle said:

This is just speculation....I think Gili will continue on QVC with Courtney as host.

Oh, please --- NOOOOO!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

Not sure how GILI would continue without Lisa since the items are all knock-offs of things she owns or aspires to own.

Honored Contributor

I don't see how GILI can continue without the woman who supposedly influences and sort of curates the line. I'm sure there are items in the pipeline that QVC can't just walk away from. My guess is one of the other young hosts will suddenly have a line of her "favorites". Perhaps Gabrielle or Amy. She's with QVC until Dec, so there would be no reason to cancel any GILI tsv's or shows through November.

Regular Contributor

I heard Lisa say last week that QVC owned the GILI line and she just designed for it, so who knows.

Super Contributor

Gili is a line by QVC.

Honored Contributor

No idea on the line, but they'll clearly not dump existing Gili stock and in as much as the handbag is likely ready to go, surely they'll still put it out there.

They've invested so much in Gili being 'Lisa's' line for QVC that if they keep it, they're going to have to find some new way to package it... and might possibly rename it. It's going to be impossible in the short term for them to keep is as a host-based line of goods.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I don't see how GILI could continue without Lisa, since the designs all reflect her taste, and it's been marketed that way. When other hosts present it they always refer to it as Lisa's line, not QVC's line.

Perhaps whatever her next move is, it will include GILI continuing. Either way, we will know soon, since it's an obvious question and one I don't think she and QVC can avoid for long, especially with the TSV coming up.