Valued Contributor

I am new to this brand of bag

I am new to the Oryany brand. Is that a higher-end brand like Dooney? I have never heard of Oryany until I saw them on QVC. Are their bags high-quality? I like some of the Oryany bags I have seen, but am a little wary of ordering because I never heard of them before. Just wondering how they compare to Dooney. Any input on this is much appreciated!!

Super Contributor

Re: I am new to this brand of bag

I believe that the brand is a couple of years old. I am an avid Dooney collector (I stopped counting somewhere around 80) and I have now become obsessed with Oryany. I have about 10. I think they are a very hi-quality bag. The leather is outstanding. They definitely give Dooney a run for their money - IMO. I have been very satisfied with each one I purchased...the leather is indescribable!

Valued Contributor

The company was started by the same man who helped start MAXX NEWYORK, Cheri Christmas (co creator of Maxx) got divorced. Her ex went on to start Oryany.

Honored Contributor

It's a nicer brand and yes, only a couple of years into the handbag market. I'd say they haven't been around long enough to establish themselves as a traditional presence in the handbag industry like a more tried and true brand such as Dooney. They do make some lovely bags though.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

They have been around a while and are sold in department stores (was sold in Lord and Taylor but no more). I have two of them but I find them a very heavy bag (when empty!) and even though I like them, I won't buy any more of them for that reason.

viewer 45

Honored Contributor

Actually, you're right, it has been more than a few years. I forgot that at one time several years back they were also sold on HSN... It appears, though, they've sort of reinvented themselves over the past couple of years.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...