Occasional Contributor

Longchamp and Bloomingdales friends and family

Bloomingdales friends and family 20% off sale is currently happening. I have purchased 4 Longchamps LePilage tote at prior freinds and family sales at Bloomies but to my dismay I traveled there today to purchase a Slate LePlige and to my dismay, really anger, they tell me Longchamp is not included in the friends and family sale. How rude!! At least 3-4 times prior, I have always been able to purchase the Longchamps at the friend and family discount. I could not believe it was excluded from the sale. Anyone have any suggestions on how to purchase Longchamp on sale??

Honored Contributor

Re: Longchamp and Bloomingdales friends and family

No idea, other than to keep an eye out for sales that don't include exclusions...

Gosh I hate that though, you wait for a sale and then they exclude what you were hoping to purchase... Hey, at least you were lucky the last three times!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

It seems to me that more and more stores are starting to do this...limit the items to which the discount will apply. It is so aggravating. I tried to use a discount code at an online shoe store but everything I wanted wasn't included in the sale. I emailed them and asked them why they didn't at least have a list of excluded brands available and they just basically ignored me. At least some other retailers will make that list available.

It's a complete waste of time to go through the effort of finding things you want, putting them in your cart (and I always go through Mr. Rebates) just to finally discover that nothing is included in their sale! So, I just didn't place an order with them.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 Divine said:

It seems to me that more and more stores are starting to do this...limit the items to which the discount will apply. It is so aggravating. I tried to use a discount code at an online shoe store but everything I wanted wasn't included in the sale. I emailed them and asked them why they didn't at least have a list of excluded brands available and they just basically ignored me. At least some other retailers will make that list available.

It's a complete waste of time to go through the effort of finding things you want, putting them in your cart (and I always go through Mr. Rebates) just to finally discover that nothing is included in their sale! So, I just didn't place an order with them.

And this whole ignoring customers thing is becoming the norm too... They all like to pay lip service to 'great customer service' but most of them wouldn't recognize it if it reached up and bit them. They'll send out a survey about your 'experience' and then promptly ignore you and your comments... Go figure!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

did you read the back of the flyer to see which brands were excluded,

more and more brands are being excluded from these F&F sales now, I think the companies are catching on. F&F sales are not as special or exciting as they used to be.

Occasional Contributor

I tried to order a Longchamp also and the "friends" code was invalid.

However during the F&F sale in the Spring, Longchamp was included as I ordered the "Year of the Horse" purse at the discount. Go figure.

Try the Bagshop sale. They are having their sale this week and I believe Longchamp is included at 20% off.