Respected Contributor

You know when you look at something, put it aside, then look at it again, talk yourself out of it, try to justify it in your head, look at your checking account if you have enough money to buy it, talk yourself out of it and then months later look for it....

Well, that me, must have some serious issues.............too funny...but maybe true.

I looked at that Brahmin Figi handbag all summer and decided to look for it again..no where to be found. Finally, call Brahmin directly and was told they pulled all the bags because of a wear issue with the leather....so I guess that's the end of subject on that one and maybe just maybe somebody like the handbag angel was looking out for me and that's why I didn't buy it because I probably would of had to return it.

Nevertheless, things work out for a reason.

Honored Contributor

Re: Brahmin .....Renting Space

Glad it did in this case. It's always good to know we dodged a bullet. On the other hand, I'm still looking or that perfect burnt orange satchel I stupidly put back on the shelf and that was two years ago!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Everything about it was handbag perfection... the color, the size, everything...and of course we all know I'll never find it again... So I guess in this instance, it would've been better to have bought and returned than never to have bought at all!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 stevieb said:

Glad it did in this case. It's always good to know we dodged a bullet. On the other hand, I'm still looking or that perfect burnt orange satchel I stupidly put back on the shelf and that was two years ago!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Everything about it was handbag perfection... the color, the size, everything...and of course we all know I'll never find it again... So I guess in this instance, it would've been better to have bought and returned than never to have bought at all!

How burnt orange did you want?

I love my oranges and have a Flo. in a more subdued orange than my other bags, not a univ. of texas burnt orange, but not bright either.

Super Contributor

Dup!

Honored Contributor

Boy I remember that bag~! Just incredibly gorgeous and I was another one that stood there and stood there drooling. But Brahmin is such a good company that I'm not surprised they did something about it when complaints started coming in. Love the company, love the product~!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Rottie_mama said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I love my oranges and have a Flo. in a more subdued orange than my other bags, not a univ. of texas burnt orange, but not bright either.

This was a sizable traditional 'Speedy' style satchel in Texas burnt orange and I'm afraid nothing short of virtually the same bag is going to fill the emptiness of having let that bag slip through my hands...

Wink

Gosh I was an idiot. I knew I wanted that bag, but was going through one of those 'virtuous' spells, telling myself I did NOT need another bag. Well of course I didn't, but there have been plenty of bags since then I could have gladly let go and not given a second thought and I really should have known that I would NOT forget THAT bag!

Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Rottie_mama said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

This was a sizable traditional 'Speedy' style satchel in Texas burnt orange and I'm afraid nothing short of virtually the same bag is going to fill the emptiness of having let that bag slip through my hands...

Wink

Gosh I was an idiot. I knew I wanted that bag, but was going through one of those 'virtuous' spells, telling myself I did NOT need another bag. Well of course I didn't, but there have been plenty of bags since then I could have gladly let go and not given a second thought and I really should have known that I would NOT forget THAT bag!

Ooh. Now I get it. I hate that feeling. That regret is totally un-fun. Sorry. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

-

Honored Contributor

Thanks, RM, in the big scheme of life, it's a blip on the screen, but it truly is the one that got away... and I still kick myself over it!

Smile